Marine Corps Farting Ban

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
How does it work again? Polack's are generally accepted as dumber then Ukrainians, but there is nothing dumber then a Polack with a Texas education?
;)

That might be true but I went to grade and high school in Nebraska and Iowa and attended college in Colorado and Iowa.

The only thing I did vis-a-vis education was as an Instructor Pilot in the Naval Air Training Command out of NAS Kingsville, TX back in the late 1970's.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
That might be true but I went to grade and high school in Nebraska and Iowa and attended college in Colorado and Iowa.

The only thing I did vis-a-vis education was as an Instructor Pilot in the Naval Air Training Command out of NAS Kingsville, TX back in the late 1970's.

Ya, that's all sad too.

But we are starting to stray from the topic, let's get back to farting.
Maybe tell some tales of hershey squirts in Nam

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I refuse to post in a fart thread. Other than to post that I refuse to post. This thread is actually similar as to how actual group farting starts.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
I refuse to post in a fart thread. Other than to post that I refuse to post. This thread is actually similar as to how actual group farting starts.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I remember getting a cultural awareness briefing every single time I deployed overseas, but I never had one related to rectal burping. However, each culture have their own peculiarities, including ours in the good 'ol US of A. What may seem strange to us may be accepted practice/protocol everywhere else in the world. Just say'in.

As far as deploying fart gas is concerned, it only matters where you release it, what you ate a half hour before and what else came out with it.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
LOL!

It's a damn good thing the civilian overlords of the military have never tried to impose stupid and un-enforceable rules before.

...like a medal for showing restraint in combat.

http://cnn.ch/2010/US/05/12/military.restraint.medal/index.html?hpt=T2

The military has had "civilian overlords" since long before you were allegedly a member of the military. One wonders why you allegedly joined. Perhaps it was from sniffing your own farts.

Aw, are you upset by this proposal? If this proposal is accepted and implemented, I will anxiously be awaiting the small mushroom cloud from Flower Mound, TX. I will also send the Joint Chiefs of Staff a congratulatory letter, heaping praise upon their decision to bring into effect an honor that is long overdue. If allowed, while this proposal is being discussed, I would urge them to consider a policy that would allow these medals to be given out for servicemen in past conflicts.

Until that happens, perhaps you can console yourself by sniffing your own, and possibly others, farts.

alzan