Marine Corps Farting Ban

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
WTF! They ban farts but OK gays? I would never join today's military.

How are these comparable? The allowance of gays in the military doesn't offend gays to the point where they might kill armed forces personnel, so there's really no reason to restrict gays from the military to appease them.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Since this thread has just got to be a joke post by the OP, I have a joke of my own.

So a marine and a seaman were driving down a dirt country road and they come across a goat with his head stuck in a fence...

The seaman slows down the vehicle and looks over at the marine... then says after a long second, "yeah brother you and me are going to have some fun today..."

the seaman shuts off the vehicle gets out walks up behind the goat and tilts his head to the side.. then drops his pants and proceeds to violate the helpless animal.

After he's done the seaman looks over at the marine and says "Come on buddy, get you some of this sweet action."

The marine grins shyly then glances at the seaman then back at the goat then he finds another hole in the fence drops his trousers then sticks his head in the fence and gets stuck like the goat.

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Now that I think about it, there is some universal military value to found by diverting the biological causes of farting to more productive outlets than assholes. And I speak of all the military's on earth as well as terrorists organization. Who all have to deal with indoctrinating young minds and turn them into vicious animals.

That is where science can come to the rescue. Its really a simple but brilliant solution, divert the gases that cause farts back to the bloodstream which in turn will go to the brain.

Which in turn can explain the stinking thinking of militarists and terrorist.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
This is common sense. When you're trying to win hearts and minds you don't do things to offend them.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
You realize that's from more than half a year ago. And, despite a flurry of... Gossip type sources reporting it, based on one original blog, it STILL hasn't been confirmed by the military.

And its a repost.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Funny and interesting at first, then you took a shot at Obama my calling him a Muslim. Cool.

Keep posting outdated crap from some random internet blog, that'll make em' proud.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Mr Obama is a muslim?

Seriously, does a777pilot represent the mainstream of the current Republican Party?

LOL!

In the muslim world, if one is born of a muslim father, you are muslim.

Damn, you people are fun to fuck with here.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Mr Obama is a muslim?

Seriously, does a777pilot represent the mainstream of the current Republican Party?

There were several polls showing a big chunk of republicans (as much as39%) believe that Obama is a Muslim. Pew's own polls puts the figure at 31%.

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
LOL!

In the muslim world, if one is born of a muslim father, you are muslim.

Damn, you people are fun to fuck with here.

So you would like to make it so you have to be whatever your parents were huh? Judging by your actions here your family must of have been a sorry bunch.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
So you would like to make it so you have to be whatever your parents were huh? Judging by your actions here your family must of have been a sorry bunch.

Why, yes they were.

Both my mom and dad were first generation Americans. Neither one of them spoke a word of English when they went to school. They both graduated and my father was an officer in the Army and a fighter pilot during WWII. My mom was an Army officer, and a registered nurse in the Nurse Corps, during WWII.

They raised three children, all of which graduated from college.

Dumb fucking ignorant children of immigrants.

I agree......a sorry bunch.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Well, by muslim law and tradition, he is.

Well, then that must be rather upsetting to the "fellow muslims" since he authorized the raid on Bin Laden's compound and continues to target Al Qaeda members with drones...

Or perhaps maybe he doesn't think that Muslim traditions apply to him...

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
Why, yes they were.

Both my mom and dad were first generation Americans. Neither one of them spoke a word of English when they went to school. They both graduated and my father was an officer in the Army and a fighter pilot during WWII. My mom was an Army officer, and a registered nurse in the Nurse Corps, during WWII.

They raised three children, all of which graduated from college.

Dumb fucking ignorant children of immigrants.

I agree......a sorry bunch.

So your life is an antithesis of your own statement? So which is it. Does Obama have to be shackled to his parents or not.

Here's a hint though just for you buddy boy: Either your current or past statement is wrong. You are wrong either way. You painted yourself into a corner and now you're a fool either way. How does it feel to make yourself look so stupid? At least you can probably answer that question anyways without looking like a complete tool.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
So your life is an antithesis of your own statement? So which is it. Does Obama have to be shackled to his parents or not.

Here's a hint though just for you buddy boy: Either your current or past statement is wrong. You are wrong either way. You painted yourself into a corner and now you're a fool either way. How does it feel to make yourself look so stupid? At least you can probably answer that question anyways without looking like a complete tool.

All my statements have been correct and truthful. I retract nothing.

As to the President be shackled to his parents....why not? He is what? We have no idea who this person is that occupies that office. Do you know who he is?

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
All my statements have been correct and truthful. I retract nothing.

As to the President be shackled to his parents....why not? He is what? We have no idea who this person is that occupies that office. Do you know who he is?

Lol what a copout, in other works all your statements have been bullshit and stupidity. Thanks for clearing that up for us tool.

I couldn't care less about his past, his place of birth, ect ect. I really couldn't. I think he has done a lackluster job, and will not be receiving my vote next go around (didn't receive it last time either). All I care about is their performance. They could be a Chinese from Venezuela for all I care, as long as they get the job done in the best interest of the American People. So far that job is not getting done, but for it to be done the government needs gutted top to bottom and a start with removing every single lobbyist that exists would be good medicine.

"A" person isn't going to do shit at this point. America is sick and it's going to take more than a single prescription to fix our issues. Everything top to bottom needs refreshed.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
I couldn't care less about his past, his place of birth, ect ect. I really couldn't. I think he has done a lackluster job, and will not be receiving my vote next go around (didn't receive it last time either). All I care about is their performance. They could be a Chinese from Venezuela for all I care, as long as they get the job done in the best interest of the American People. So far that job is not getting done, but for it to be done the government needs gutted top to bottom and a start with removing every single lobbyist that exists would be good medicine.

"A" person isn't going to do shit at this point. America is sick and it's going to take more than a single prescription to fix our issues. Everything top to bottom needs refreshed.

Holy, Shit, Batman! I like that.

I agree.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I could totally see this being true.
Farting could be culturally offensive in lots of different places

It may be, but I doubt the military is likely to impose a rule they can't very well enforce, and one which will be the brunt of jokes, which in and or itself is a problem for discipline.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011