Marilyn Manson - The Golden Age of Grotesque

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Anyone *gotten* this CD yet? The artists that I really like, I usually go out and buy their CDs.... so I got this one the other day. (I have all Manson's, Eminem's, and Led Zeppelin's CDs)

It is tough to listen to the first time through, but I really like it after I started hearing the lyrics.....that is usually the way his music is.

"Hold the S because I am an ain't" -From song titled "(s)Ain't
"This isn't music, and we're not a band....we're just 5 middle fingers on a mutha fvckin hand!"

Ahhh.... good stuff.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
What's the lyrics from that song of his they're playing on the radio? Something boring and repetetive with a "full of teenage angst" mood to it. I can't ermember it exactly.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
What's the lyrics from that song of his they're playing on the radio? Something boring and repetetive with a "full of teenage angst" mood to it. I can't ermember it exactly.

(m)Obscene?

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Yeah, I figured most people wouldn't agree with me.... that's cool. I'm not really into the Backstreet Boys.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
Yeah, I figured most people wouldn't agree with me.... that's cool. I'm not really into the Backstreet Boys.

I haven't picked it up yet...no. I might sooner or later. I've heard good things about it.

ivol07

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2002
I like it. And I also liked his performance at Ozzfest.

And this is also the only album I bought this year. I think his last album was also the last album I bought before that.

Tinkerhell

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2003
Its ok, but his old stuff is the best. I like Antichrist Superstar and every CD before that. After that he kindof sold out and changed his music.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Tinkerhell
Its ok, but his old stuff is the best. I like Antichrist Superstar and every CD before that. After that he kindof sold out and changed his music.

Why would you buy a new cd if it sounded the same as the last one? :confused:

I'm always confused by people that claim an artist is a "sell out" when they change their music.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
I like two of his tracks...Resident Evil main theme and Seizure of Power. Mostly because he doesn't sing in them, and while he's an excellent electronic artist, he can't sing worth a SH!T, and his lyrics are annoying and hollow. Can you recommend anything else of his like the above two mentioned? :)