Marijuana is by far the safest recreational drug, study finds

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Simple question: Should people be allowed to engage in potentially unhealthy behaviors?

Serious question?

Of course*.

*Never mind that "potentially unhealthy" is a very ambiguous term. That, and now that we're moving toward socializing healthcare costs, maybe the gov't should be in the business of dictating the average person's health choices. I hate that idea, but caring for the average American's very unhealthy life habits is already costly enough.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Happiness is an accident of brain chemistry. You are born that way. Whether you believe in God or not has no influence on your happiness, that was deteremined before you were even born.

Actually not. Happiness is an ego desire that is based on delusions. Without ego there is no desire for something better because opinions of what is better are opinions of the ego. Without desire there is natural contentment and the joy of being. I am well aware that you do not understand this because you make your dissatisfaction with what is apparent. I an not happy or sad because a long time ago I gave up on finding happiness and it started looking for me. I once suffered like you wouldn't believe, deep black despair and it disappeared the instant I surrendered and totally gave in to it. I call it defeating The Nothing by letting go.