Marijuana for jab

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Giving away my tax dollars to people who wouldn't do the Right Thing otherwise? No, I am not amazed. I do think we're going to have to incentivize to get some people to do it but it is far closer to sad than amazing.
You are trying to downplay solutions because the problem shouldn't be there in the first place, when the solutions have no connection to what lead us to have the problem.. So the response to the problem and prioritizing, can still be amazing, even though the problem is idiotic and shouldn't be happening. They are not one and the same, they are two different things and should not be scrutinized as one. Hopefully the response and prioritizing to the problem, is a means to an ends, and we can still agree that the problem shouldn't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Apparently your attention span was to short to keep reading so you understood why it is a bad idea. It is not open to argument whether someone stoned passing around a joint, or recently vaccinated being around others recently vaccinated, is an idiotic thing as an incentive.

Same thing as telling everyone who isn't vaccinated to start kissing each other in the former, or to have never worn masks in the latter. Science for the win.

Weed a bad thing? For most people yes. You can tell they are too emotionally immature to do drugs by the way they can't stay level headed in a mere conversation about it. All by yourself you prove yourself wrong.

Like anything else in life, it takes a certain level of maturity to do something responsibly, particularly when it is mind altering such that it has a potential effect on other safety related daily decisions.
LOL
Are you aware of how much of the tech industry is composed of regular pot smokers? Or other professional careers?

Reactions: hal2kilo and VashHT

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
LOL
Are you aware of how much of the tech industry is composed of regular pot smokers? Or other professional careers?
I know lawyers, engineers, medical professionals, IT people and other professionals that smoke. Some of them for a long time, they're just smart enough to keep it a secret and smart enough to plan ahead and clean out their system if they have a drug test coming up or something.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah that's a one to one comparative. Nothing has changed since then. I mean it was the '50's right so that must mean everything can just be passed forward through time without any question.

GTFO outta here with shit thinking like this. I'm not against vaccination but pull your head out of your ass for just a minute and realize it isn't 1950 anymore.

Thank you for emphasizing my point in ways you obviously can't comprehend.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
North Carolina is having four $1,000,000 drawings for vaccinated adults.
They are also holding drawings of four $125,000 scholarships for those age 12 - 17.

Right now, my odds are 1 in 1.2 million, which is much higher than any lottery ticket.

Reactions: hal2kilo