Marie Harf: "Stop ISIS...Get Them Jobs"!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009
and then you go,

More babble. Poverty isn't the root cause of ISIS is my point. The christian shit is a red herring. None of what you posted makes any sense. Make sense?
Until you start hearing rumors about ISIS salaries. Those mercs. are getting well paid over there, as far as we hear.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
Even if you create a new government bureaucracy just for the ISIS terrorists and hopefuls to do make-work somehow stops them from committing Jihad, the extra credit the government takes and extra taxes it consumes just means someone else in the private sector, oftentimes several times more people, don't have a job now, or are pushed into poverty because their purchasing power declined.

(Unless you are willing to admit these newly impoverished people won't commit jihad because they aren't religious fanatics, therefore it's okay to shift the poverty). It's just plugging a hole a sinking ship.
Exactly. The whole world can't all live at the American middle class standard. There aren't enough resources, and there wouldn't be enough "losers" in the system to outbalance the winners.

The solution is everyone needs to accept that the world isn't a safe place, and the 9/11s or Charlie Hebdos are the price to pay for all the rest of modern convenience. That is too much for a soccer helicopter parent to deal with though, so Karl Rove ran the country for most of a decade trading fear for votes.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Ms harf is one dumb bunny. Forget "equal pay" - I keep seeing a lot of women in jobs they should not have but get because of PC. Harf should be a travel agent or something - not working in State Dept. Reminds me of how Osama - erm - Obama put a woman in charge of Air Force Pacific command. She never even flew a plane never mind in combat. Nut!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ms harf is one dumb bunny. Forget "equal pay" - I keep seeing a lot of women in jobs they should not have but get because of PC. Harf should be a travel agent or something - not working in State Dept. Reminds me of how Osama - erm - Obama put a woman in charge of Air Force Pacific command. She never even flew a plane never mind in combat. Nut!

You need psychiatric help to get in touch with your feminine side. Was your father a savage?

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
So, in your estimation, the abject poverty of the Palestinian people (who subsist on ~$1500/year per capita GPD while their "neighbors" the Isrealis make $30,000+) has nothing to do with Hamas, or terrorism? They just happen to be poor, like every other country that has this kind of insurgency. El salvador. Columbia. Palestine. Somolia.... it's just a coincidence that these countries harbor the vast majority of terrorists and insurgents....

You're not the brightest one, are you OP?

http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/israelis-fighting-isis/

People with college educations and good jobs are leaving their homelands to join ISIS.
What say you to that? Oh self-proclaimed bright one?
Personally,I beg to differ. :p