Mar-a-lago health violations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
And you have never had a violation?

Is there a difference between doing 5 miles over the speed limit and setting a house on fire? All violations are not equal. Even the best places will get dinged for something but you can see it all and the history.

I can say we've certainly never set the walk in to "make violently ill or kill". The story I read on their other places detailed major and ongoing food temp issues amongst other things. Getting cited because the inspector found a crack in an ice scoop or some similar violation isn't the same deal.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
PCGeek has been good about avoiding Trump brags.
I have to be fair.

Thanks.

Thanks! Trump does brag way too much and has many flaws. The subject of this thread is not one of them, it is common as dirt. Those claiming otherwise are full of crap.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
What no
tumblr_o2i71iKTc61s01qkyo1_400.gif

I am disappoint.

Oh Houston

I used to see that bit when my parents lived down there and I would visit.

Reactions: Paratus

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Is there a difference between doing 5 miles over the speed limit and setting a house on fire? All violations are not equal. Even the best places will get dinged for something but you can see it all and the history.

I can say we've certainly never set the walk in to "make violently ill or kill". The story I read on their other places detailed major and ongoing food temp issues amongst other things. Getting cited because the inspector found a crack in an ice scoop or some similar violation isn't the same deal.

I never claimed that all violations are equal. I also have never seen either of those settings on a walk in cooler. Read up on common violations and there are most commonly food at too high temp, handling raw and cooked food with the same utensils and bare hands and not washing hand violations... Then again there are a million violations that are not going to cause a mass death.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I never claimed that all violations are equal. I also have never seen either of those settings on a walk in cooler. Read up on common violations and there are most commonly food at too high temp, handling raw and cooked food with the same utensils and bare hands and not washing hand violations... Then again there are a million violations that are not going to cause a mass death.

I'm not sure why I need to read up on things I'm familiar with and I semi-regularly look at the reports from most of the places I go. I would not describe the violations you list as common to them at all. The health department doesn't screw around here, you can always tell the lax places here because they'll start off with a couple things and it snowballs on follow ups if the inspectors think they don't care...then they'll hang the place out to dry.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Working in food service for 8 years of my life has taught me this is the norm.

Restaurants are sketchy, all of them are.

I worked at a hospital, they took it seriously. Cleanest food service job around.

I almost never eat out, my food service experience means I can't trust anyone else with my food.

So while I'm not surprised, I would hope a place with a 200k would be better.

But being a trump venture, a sub par establishment isn't surprising either.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Inspectors said “potentially hazardous” poultry, duck, rice, beef and ham was found in a walk-in cooler at temperatures higher than the required 41 degrees. The ham was found to be warmest at 57 degrees. A technician told the inspectors the cooler’s “defrost” setting had mistakenly been turned on.

This is why the forums need a puke emoji.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Enjoy the fish.

"Officials also noted that “fish offered raw or undercooked has not undergone proper parasite destruction.” The inspectors ordered the food to be cooked or thrown out."
Trump offers the best intestinal tapeworms. The best. Eat at his place and you'll be tired of tapeworms, he will give you so many.