stringcheeseincident

Nov 11, 2003
manute bol lives in my town and just recently moved to a house close to my school. he was in our school today talking with teachers because his son might go here next year. this guy is ginormous! he's 7'7" and was atleast 2 and a half feet taller than anyone who stood next to him. he looked fake, it was so unreal. he was walking around and his head was almost hitting the ceiling (probably 8 feet high). it was pretty cool to see such a huge guy, ive been reading bios about him online.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: stringcheeseincident
manute bol lives in my town and just recently moved to a house close to my school. he was in our school today talking with teachers because his son might go here next year. this guy is ginormous! he's 7'7" and was atleast 2 and a half feet taller than anyone who stood next to him. he looked fake, it was so unreal. he was walking around and his head was almost hitting the ceiling (probably 8 feet high). it was pretty cool to see such a huge guy, ive been reading bios about him online.

heh that guy is over 2ft taller then me :Q

stringcheeseincident

Nov 11, 2003
he's real skinny for a guy whos 7'7". we got my spanish teacher, this little feller from aruba who's maybe 5'2" and we wanted to ask manute to jump over him.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Ask him to shoot 3's. He's freakin awesome!!!! :beer:

Used to play on the Warriors for a couple years.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: konichiwa
Actually I think Muresan was the tallest player ever. Inch or less more than Manute, but...

I saw Muresan play live, he was HUGE, and the funny thing is that in that game, Earl Boykins played. Earl stands all of about 5'5". However, Muresan looked incredibly awkward on the court and most of the people ran circles around the guy. I almost felt sorry for him b/c he was so big but had a hard time even running down the court much less trying to figure out where all these 6'9" stud athletes were scoring from.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I actually played against Manute in a pick-up game. A friend was a cheerleader at the University of Bridgeport where Manute played his college ball. A bunch of us were screwing around in the Harvey Hubbell Gym just playing horse when Manute wandered in to work on his game. After he shot some free throws he joined us and we played 3 on 3 for a while. He wasn't allowed to dunk, otherwise the game would have been a laugher, so he spent all his time on offense out on the perimeter. He was a surprisingly good shooter, his jump shot was just an old-fashioned set-shot without any real jump to it. No worries, none of us could block him even flat-footed and he drilled it pretty often. On defense though the guy was a terror. He stood in the center of the paint, spread out his arms and covered the whole damn lane. It was impossible to get off a shot inside because you couldn't fake him out. He never left his feet or got off-balance, he just stood there through every fake and calmly swatted away the shot. As skinny as he looks in pictures he was even skinnier in person. I can't believe he was able to run up and down the court without his legs snapping.

Lvis

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I saw him in a bar in Newport RI, in the mid eighties.

He seemed to be having a good time. Couldn't miss him.. he really stood a couple feet taller than everyone around him... Although most of the people around him were ladies. :D

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
I actually played against Manute in a pick-up game. A friend was a cheerleader at the University of Bridgeport where Manute played his college ball. A bunch of us were screwing around in the Harvey Hubbell Gym just playing horse when Manute wandered in to work on his game. After he shot some free throws he joined us and we played 3 on 3 for a while. He wasn't allowed to dunk, otherwise the game would have been a laugher, so he spent all his time on offense out on the perimeter. He was a surprisingly good shooter, his jump shot was just an old-fashioned set-shot without any real jump to it. No worries, none of us could block him even flat-footed and he drilled it pretty often. On defense though the guy was a terror. He stood in the center of the paint, spread out his arms and covered the whole damn lane. It was impossible to get off a shot inside because you couldn't fake him out. He never left his feet or got off-balance, he just stood there through every fake and calmly swatted away the shot. As skinny as he looks in pictures he was even skinnier in person. I can't believe he was able to run up and down the court without his legs snapping.

hahaha