manufacturing surges

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
linkage

ISM's PMI registered 66.2 percent in December, an increase of 3.4 percentage points when compared to 62.8 percent in November. ISM's New Orders Index rose 3.9 percentage points from 73.7 percent in November to 77.6 percent in December. ISM's Production Index rose 4.7 percentage points from 68.3 percent in November to 73 percent in December. The ISM Employment Index is at 55.5 percent for December, an increase of 4.5 percentage points when compared to the 51 percent reported in November.

ISM's Supplier Deliveries Index registered 58.8 percent, 2.8 percentage points higher than November's 56 percent. ISM's Inventories Index registered 47.3 percent in December, down from the 50 percent reported in November. ISM's Customers' Inventories Index for December is at 39 percent, a decrease of 0.5 percentage point compared to the November reading of 39.5 percent. ISM's Prices Index in December is 66 percent, 2 percentage points higher than the 64 percent reported in November.

Numbers above 50 indicate expansion, number below indicate contraction.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Those numbers look good! Let's hope we see some job growth THIS quarter. Lots of people are hurting.... :(

-Robert

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: chess9
Those numbers look good! Let's hope we see some job growth THIS quarter. Lots of people are hurting.... :(

-Robert

Just head on the radio(cbs news), that this is best reading in more than 20 years.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: charrison

-Robert

Just head on the radio(cbs news), that this is best reading in more than 20 years.

How DEPRESSING.;)

But as good of news as this most definately is - we do need to see if we can stem the industrial sector's bleeding. We almost have it stopped and I hope the upcoming numbers show it has slowed to a trickle or is actually starting to clot and heal. As my other post suggested(Reich) - we may not need to create more manu jobs but until we can get people's attitudes changed - we need to hold onto that sector as long as possible.:)

CkG

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
It will take 20 years to do what Reich suggests and I doubt even then we will make more than a slight dent in the problem. He is being overly optimistic. Remember, the changes that must take place must take place at the CELLULAR level. :) I'm not kidding. There is only so much that good training can accomplish. His underlying assumption is that MANY more people CAN go to advanced tech schools and colleges and therefore participate in the service economy. I wish it were true. Furthermore, those people will be the lowest paid people in the country so we'd be trading high paying manufacturing jobs, e.g. in steel, for low paying service sector jobs. Sure, they'll be inside work with no heavy lifting, but will those folks make enough to buy a Chevy? Stay tuned.

When you consider that about 70% or more of the American public believes in the creation story and most Americans also don't believe evolution occurs, you grasp the depth of the problem Reich is addressing. :)
-Robert

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

-Robert

What Factories? I thought we shut em all down and shipped the jobs overseas?

Does this report show what Factories specifically?

What are you talking about with the wages, it's been shown by the experts in here and Govt reports that wages are the highest ever and going up everyday so everybody should be able to by Monster GM Chevy Tahoe SUV's and afford to put the gas at $3 a gallon too. Right CAD?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

-Robert

What are you talking about with the wages, it's been shown by the experts in here and Govt reports that wages are the highest ever and going up everyday so everybody should be able to by Monster GM Chevy Tahoe SUV's and afford to put the gas at $3 a gallon too. Right CAD?

It is an industry wide survery.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

-Robert

I see we still need to work on that New Years Resolution.:p

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

-Robert

I see we still need to work on that New Years Resolution.:p

CkG

No No No, I just want to know what Factories are surging and hiring so I can tell just the few Americans that are out of work still, after all they have been blind to all the HIGH paying jobs that have been created haven't they?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
This is great news! Looks like job growth is in the horizon.

Although I am baffled by this, because we are supposed to be in a gigantic depression -- as reported here. This makes me wonder why the factories will be increasing output. :confused:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dirtboy
This is great news! Looks like job growth is in the horizon.

Although I am baffled by this, because we are supposed to be in a gigantic depression -- as reported here. This makes me wonder why the factories will be increasing output. :confused:

Well it's been well documented how fewer workers have been producing more.

What Depression do you speak of? :confused:

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Fewer workers producing more? That's great -- a more efficient worker is a better worker in my book.

I speak of the Depression you said we were in last year. So if we're not in a depression any more, what is it you're saying we're in now?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Fewer workers producing more? That's great -- a more efficient worker is a better worker in my book.

I speak of the Depression you said we were in last year. So if we're not in a depression any more, what is it you're saying we're in now?

It's the greates American Economy in over 20 years since 1984 as reported by the current Admininistration, confirmed by Media reports and my fellow AT experts, where have you been?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's the greates American Economy in over 20 years since 1984 as reported by the current Admininistration, confirmed by Media reports and my fellow AT experts, where have you been?

I've been working... Well, if our economy is as good as they say it is, then it makes sense that manufacturing has surged. Although I'd like to see the past historical trends. Seems like manufacturing has been sliding for years.

I believe it has surged more to the decline in the dollar than anything. A weak dollar tells us that it will become cheaper to manufacture domestically rather than import. I doubt this is due to a booming economy.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

I've been working... Well, if our economy is as good as they say it is, then it makes sense that manufacturing has surged. Although I'd like to see the past historical trends. Seems like manufacturing has been sliding for years.

I believe it has surged more to the decline in the dollar than anything. A weak dollar tells us that it will become cheaper to manufacture domestically rather than import. I doubt this is due to a booming economy.

"I doubt this is due to a booming economy".

What? :confused: You better hush, you don't want CAD & Co, Rush etc thinking you are on the other side and don't believe in the almighty Bush do you? What are you thinking? :Q

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
"I doubt this is due to a booming economy".

What? :confused: You better hush, you don't want CAD & Co, Rush etc thinking you are on the other side and don't believe in the almighty Bush do you? What are you thinking? :Q

I think this has more to do with Greenspan than anyone. Likely this would have happened irregardless of who was in office thanks to him. :)