Manning will be a Colt for the next 7 years

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Which means they will probably lose James or Harrison or both, because they won't be able to afford them.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
Which means they will probably lose James or Harrison or both, because they won't be able to afford them.

Which means teams will be blitzing him like crazy

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I'm glad they kept him around, he's great for Ty Law's INT stats ;)

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001

exactly, this always cracks me up. Superstars BS about wanting to win championships and then put their teams in situations that prevent their team from doing so. Would it be that hard to sign for "only" like $5 million/year, get a nice signing bonus so the team can sign more quality players?

sman789

Banned
May 6, 2003
Originally posted by: nitsuj3580

exactly, this always cracks me up. Superstars BS about wanting to win championships and then put their teams in situations that prevent their team from doing so. Would it be that hard to sign for "only" like $5 million/year, get a nice signing bonus so the team can sign more quality players?

isnt that what the Lakers tried?....they suck now :D;)

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
He could always be traded, just means he has a football deal for the next 7yrs

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Originally posted by: sman789
Originally posted by: nitsuj3580

isnt that what the Lakers tried?....they suck now :D;)

I was actually going to mention this but decided not to. Teams like this years Lakers and the Rockets when they had Pippen, Barkley, and Olajuwon are different in the fact that all those guys are past their prime. I'm sorry but Malone is great but he's 40 and Payton is solid but not the same player he was a few years ago. From the getgo, I didn't think the Lakers would be able to survive a whole season. They are going to get into the playoffs though and if Malone comes back healthy, they could still win it all so I wouldn't say they suck.

Now if Kidd, Duncan, Garnett, McGrady, and Kobe with a couple other decent guys all took less money than they are worth right now in their primes to be on the same team, I would find that impressive that they would put winning over money and I would be willing to bet my life savings, they'd win it all and get their championship all those guys talk about really wanting.