Mandatory anger management program before you can buy ammunition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I have no problem telling women that they can still get an abortion as is their legal right, there are just more strings attached is all.

But if some woman wants to tell me I can still get a gun, I just have to jump through more hoops, it's violating my rights and they can go fuck themselves.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
When does that old piece of paper matter?

They've jumped the shark over this whole issue.

Oh it matters. All it takes is it to be challenged in court with knowledge of the law. Unfortunately, like most politicians, we don't know the law and therefore its used against our ignorance.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Hey! You still can have your guns...just no ammo.

As Chris Rock said:

“You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Men, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders.
Yeah! Every time somebody get shot we’d say, ‘Damn, he must have done something ... Shit, he’s got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass.’
And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘Man I would blow your fucking head off…if I could afford it.’ ‘I’m gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you’re a dead man. You’d better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway.’
So even if you get shot by a stray bullet, you wouldn't have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back, like "I believe you got my property.”

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Hey! You still can have your guns...just no ammo.

As Chris Rock said:

Yeah, but he didn't finish it. "So since I can't have bullets I'm gonna slice your head clean off"

Everyone gets bladeless knives from now on.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Any dismantling or watering down of the 2nd done by gun-prohibitions can be done to other amendments especially in regards to voting if they want to set precedence on undermining a such a clear and well understood amendment. However this isn't the route this nation should head towards but democrats are leading the charge anyways.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Any dismantling or watering down of the 2nd done by gun-prohibitions can be done to other amendments especially in regards to voting if they want to set precedence on undermining a such a clear and well understood amendment. However this isn't the route this nation should head towards but democrats are leading the charge anyways.

I don't think that was the intention of the Constitution. There are safeguards in place to stop that very thing. Specifically amendments 9 & 10.

Amendment 9
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment 10
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

mosco

Sep 24, 2002
Yeah how dare anyone challenge the constitution! Next thing you know people will want to count slaves as a full person and let women vote.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yeah how dare anyone challenge the constitution! Next thing you know people will want to count slaves as a full person and let women vote.

I believe those issues have been corrected and were done so by challenging them and changing the Constitution rather than claiming the right to ignore it. In the case of others they haven't that kind of courage. They seek to ignore or subvert it then claim protection when their agendas are threatened. They are cowards. So which group do you belong to?