Manafort gets to go home

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
What a fucking joke this country is. Be black and steal a TV and it's fight for your life with this virus in jail.

source:

Reactions: Linux23

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Didn’t watch the video. But is this home confinement only for duration of pandemic. Or is this like Cohen that would have spent remainder of sentence at home?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Didn’t watch the video. But is this home confinement only for duration of pandemic. Or is this like Cohen that would have spent remainder of sentence at home?
He gets to spend the remainder at home, yet his facility had zero cases of Covid-19.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Governor Gavin Newsom here in California has released a bunch of people, who have been rearrested, almost immediately, for various crimes and used COVID-19 as the excuse to release. Sorry, outrage over Manafort release not found. These releases are happening all over the place.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Governor Gavin Newsom here in California has released a bunch of people, who have been rearrested, almost immediately, for various crimes and used COVID-19 as the excuse to release. Sorry, outrage over Manafort release not found. These releases are happening all over the place.
You dont even read what you write, do you?
A bunch of them were rearrested.
Do you think Manafort is ever getting rearrested? FUCK NO HE AIN'T! The man practically got away it and now he's actually getting away with it.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You dont even read what you write, do you?
A bunch of them were rearrested.
Do you think Manafort is ever getting rearrested? FUCK NO HE AIN'T! The man practically got away it and now he's actually getting away with it.

Yeah I do. The ones that got rearrested committed new crimes. One guy exposed himself, while another committed an act of domestic violence. If Manfort commits new crime, he should be rearrested too. He probably won't. Of course, for the left, being a Republican is a perpetual crime. The party of tolerance and inclusiveness. lol

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But wait, aren’t these low risk prisoners not still under house arrest?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Seems to me his release is the GOP's way of pissing on the graves of our founding fathers AND pissing off the libs because they incarcerated Manafort and associates "unfairly and for purely political reasons".

Repubs win, everybody else loses which makes their base so very happy seeing as if it's one of the reasons they voted for Trump was to get back at those commie Muslim fascist baby killers.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

How many cases of covid were in those jails and how many cases were there at the jail manafort was at?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah I do. The ones that got rearrested committed new crimes. One guy exposed himself, while another committed an act of domestic violence. If Manfort commits new crime, he should be rearrested too. He probably won't. Of course, for the left, being a Republican is a perpetual crime. The party of tolerance and inclusiveness. lol

Permanent victimhood.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
One question... Ukraine or Russia?? Which is safer for him??
Not sure. Can't remember which country the guy was from that he welched on a loan. So, I wouldn't go there. Dubai, if he can con someone else out of some decent money.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So...... the guy who was arrested for smoking a joint and tossed in jail with inmates that have tested positive, this guy does what? That pot smoker also goes home? Or, does he remain in jail?

Personally, I don't care if all the Trump buddies that were sent to jail should all be released and go home. Just the fact that they were found guilty in the first place was plenty enough for me. I'd rather all the Trump mafia go home and save the tax payers the cost for incarceration. And who is going to hire these crooks once released? Well, who besides Donald Trump?

Gawd.... its sure time that Donald Trump joined them. In jail, that is. Wouldn't it be wonderful if democrats took over everything come November and investigated Donald Trump down to his underwear? But.... they wouldn't. Republicans are mean as shit and they investigate even when they have nothing to investigate, but even if democrats did take over all three branches of government, democrats wouldn't go after Trump. Democrats would let Trump get away with all of his crimes. Yet, when republicans are in charge, republicans investigate people like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to no end. Even when there is nothing to investigate, republicans don't let that stop them.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

And the right celebrate killing as many American people as they can.

Dylan Hunt killed 9
W. killed 9000
Trump will kill 900,000

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump is getting the band back together. Manafort, Flynn, and he wants to bring back Corey Lewandowski... we've got a goddam election coming up he needs to cheat in again!

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Again still don’t get, isn’t he under house arrest? He’s not entitled to normal freedoms that he didn’t have while in jail. So if he does get invoked with Trumpity Dumpity, wouldn’t this be a parole violation and go directly goto jail. Do not collect $200.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Criminals are being released as a result of COVID and considering the physical condition of Manafort it's not unreasonable to grant a temporary release. I think that vulnerable prisoners maybe let loose then I can't deny Manafort the same.