Man who ghostwrote The Art of the Deal would instead name it 'The Sociopath'

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.”

The whole thing is a fascinating read, but the author of 'Trump''s most famous book and someone who was with him almost constantly for a year and a half has a near total loathing for him and considers him to be a sociopath.

Naturally, Trump's response to this was to threaten to sue him. lol.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

The whole thing is a fascinating read, but the author of 'Trump''s most famous book and someone who was with him almost constantly for a year and a half has a near total loathing for him and considers him to be a sociopath.

Not exactly earth shattering news. The fine line between sociopathy and "executive leadership" is well known enough to be nearly a trope at this point. Pointing it out here is like saying Trump is also narcissistic when that's pretty much a prerequisite to run for President in the first place.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl...ween-psychopathy-and-leadership/#4a7d2a6c2740

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not exactly earth shattering news. The fine line between sociopathy and "executive leadership" is well known enough to be nearly a trope at this point. Pointing it out here is like saying Trump is also narcissistic when that's pretty much a prerequisite to run for President in the first place.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl...ween-psychopathy-and-leadership/#4a7d2a6c2740

If you read through the whole article you'll see that the author believes Trump takes the level of sociopathy far beyond what is normal for executives and seems to live in his own dream world that's built on lies Trump has convinced himself are true.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Unfortunately the Trump candidacy has shown there's a lot of shitty people in this country who will gladly vote for a sociopath so long as they're not black or a woman. Those racist and sexist individuals are collectively known as conservatives.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
If you read through the whole article you'll see that the author believes Trump takes the level of sociopathy far beyond what is normal for executives and seems to live in his own dream world that's built on lies Trump has convinced himself are true.

I was reading an article yesterday that was talking about how in The Art of the Deal Trump makes some claims regarding how he negotiated his way to avoid bankruptcy. And the bankers involved have collectively rebuked his claims and said that they approached him to tell him he was about to go bankrupt and that he didn't seem to understand how bad the situation was at any point. And they eventually had to contractually force him to obey the budget they set.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I was reading an article yesterday that was talking about how in The Art of the Deal Trump makes some claims regarding how he negotiated his way to avoid bankruptcy. And the bankers involved have collectively rebuked his claims and said that they approached him to tell him he was about to go bankrupt and that he didn't seem to understand how bad the situation was at any point. And they eventually had to contractually force him to obey the budget they set.

Apparently the whole story he told about tricking people into funding a project by getting a bunch of construction equipment to look busy was a lie as well, or at a minimum an extreme exaggeration.

It's an amazing meta-lie. He lies to everyone else about how he lied to people he was in business with. It kind of reminds me of how Ben Carson kept insisting he tried to kill someone. I mean how deranged do you have to be to vehemently argue that you're a dishonest businessman?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Hey look, a lefty author with an axe to grind. It's almost as if his opinion means something :D

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Man comes forward and states obvious about Trump! Film at 11.

So we have 2 complete sociopaths to choose from this fall.

CaptainObvious_Sarcastic-Approval-loop.jpg

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Yeah and bankers always tell the unvarnished truth about bonds they lost a shit ton of money on. Lol.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Having dealt with workout situations for a very long time, nobody comes out looking great and everybody does damage control.

Nov 30, 2006
“I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

Lifelong idiot liberal spewing FUD rhetoric...fascinating indeed.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yeah and bankers always tell the unvarnished truth about bonds they lost a shit ton of money on. Lol.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Having dealt with workout situations for a very long time, nobody comes out looking great and everybody does damage control.

Damage control is for people who have egos, for people who believe that some externality engenders their worth, a mask they wear to wall off and deny the truth of their feelings that without the mask they would be worthless as human beings.

The meek inherit the earth not because they are somebody, but because they do not waste their lives wanting to be. The ego is the false self and without it only then is one real.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Damage control is for people who have egos, for people who believe that some externality engenders their worth, a mask they wear to wall off and deny the truth of their feelings that without the mask they would be worthless as human beings.

The meek inherit the earth not because they are somebody, but because they do not waste their lives wanting to be. The ego is the false self and without it only then is one real.

Trumps ego is HUUUUUUUGE, so I guess he is a long way from enlightment then.

I'm not sure if there is an id in there, I think his ego strangled his a long time ago, which would explain a lot.

Nonetheless, he said, “The notion that he’s a self-made man is a joke. But I guess they couldn’t call the book ‘The Art of My Father’s Deals.’ ”
:awe:

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trumps ego is HUUUUUUUGE, so I guess he is a long way from enlightment then.

I'm not sure if there is an id in there, I think his ego strangled his a long time ago, which would explain a lot.

:awe:

LegendKiller is a finance guy who talks like a person full of masculine rage, the outer face of inner helplessness and despair. You are an ex-marine who has achieved in his life in an area that potentially puts to bed those kinds of issues. You are far calmer and more emotionally sensible than he is in my opinion. I don't care about Trump. I want some of that same real inner self confidence to come his way. I want it for him and I want it for his family. He has skill and capacity. So do you.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Kumbaya.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

true. But Trump's actual skill at leadership is in real doubt by nearly, well, everyone that has ever worked with or known him.

Eliot Spitzer was on Maher last weekend (bit of a scummy dude but inarguably smart as a whip and an effective, generally popular governor when he was in power) and mentioned how his father once met with Trump decades ago when Trump was just becoming a thing.

The description that his father gave at that time: "A man who clearly has never read a book and clearly has no intention to ever read anything. He doesn't seem to understand money in any tangible way and really presents no curiosity about the world nor any real intelligence." Paraphrasing, but it follows what most real businessmen, CEOs, government leaders have said about him over the years when they have actually had to try and work with him.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Apparently the whole story he told about tricking people into funding a project by getting a bunch of construction equipment to look busy was a lie as well, or at a minimum an extreme exaggeration.

It's an amazing meta-lie. He lies to everyone else about how he lied to people he was in business with. It kind of reminds me of how Ben Carson kept insisting he tried to kill someone. I mean how deranged do you have to be to vehemently argue that you're a dishonest businessman?

Funny, that sounds exactly like the "hired truck program" that wrecked the end of Mayor Daley's "sterling" career in Chicago. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hired_Truck_Program

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Funny, that sounds exactly like the "hired truck program" that wrecked the end of Mayor Daley's "sterling" career in Chicago. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hired_Truck_Program

Bah, that's BAU in Chi. Daley made up for it getting a lot of the trash out (to everywhere but the city, but, schitty don't care) allowing the city to not be such a shithole at the expense of the outlying towns. Thanks Daley! :thumbsdown:

Also, LOL, Trump appears to be a better liberal than Billary... :D

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
i'm sure a ghost writer is the authority on who is and who isnt a Sociopath.

Has this claim been peer reviewed?