Man walks into Kroger with loaded AR15

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
An unidentified 22-year-old man carrying a loaded AR-15 semi-automatic rifle shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday was questioned and released by police at the Kroger at Hydraulic Road and Emmet Street.
Charlottesville police Lt. Ronnie Roberts said the man did not break any laws. Since he legally owned the rifle and it was not concealed, he was within his rights, Roberts said.
Virginia requires a permit to carry a concealed weapon, but has no such restriction on guns in plain view.
According to police, the man originally entered the store unarmed, then went back to his car and retrieved his rifle. He then walked back into the store briefly before leaving again.
Though he was not arrested, store managers barred him from the property, officials said.
Shopper Monica Green said she fled the store and called 911 after she saw the man. Green said she warned people in the parking lot not to enter the store.
"It's amazing because some people didn't want to believe it was true, they just stood there like sitting ducks," Green said. When she saw the man in was in custody, Green finished her shopping.
Roberts was not sure why the man was carrying a gun.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/article_42d81e6e-68d9-11e2-afbf-0019bb30f31a.html

WTF is wrong with these gun nuts, they are basically terrorizing people by walking around in public,holding assault weapons. This is really sick, and beyond ridiculous that it isn't illegal. Good for Kroeger for banning this nut case.

Edit: Fine I changed the title, I still say people feared for their lives though.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
So once again you make shit up to make a story suit your personal agenda. You are the worst kind of anti-gun nut job fruitcake, and the kind that makes anyone that would side with you shun you for the loony moron that you are.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
So once again you make shit up to make a story suit your personal agenda. You are the worst kind of anti-gun nut job fruitcake, and the kind that makes anyone that would side with you shun you for the loony moron that you are.

The people at the store feared for their safety and lives, that is why they called 911. They were terrorized.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Kroger.

KROGER.

It says right there in your own linked article, and is not exactly the most difficult to spell or unheard of name, either. How stupid can you be?

They just anybody troll now these days now, I suppose.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Nowhere in the article does it say the man terrorized anybody.....please quit your lying.....

Just because they called 911 does not mean ther man was terrorizing them....sheese get a life dude!!

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I know I would have been terrorized if I saw someone walking into the grocery store with a loaded assault rifle, like he plans to gun us all down. I am sure many there felt the same way.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
The people at the store feared for their safety and lives, that is why they called 911. They were terrorized.

Your whole thread title is a complete lie. He did not "terrorize a crowd" at Kroger. One lady, who is probably as ignorant as you, freaked out for no reason, even the cops said as much. You are a fucking idiot.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

So if someone sees a spider and freaks out, did the spider terrorize them?

Fact is the guy did nothing illegal ("terrorizing" is illegal) and was treated as such. He hurt nobody, and that's that. The fact that he had visible capability to hurt someone is irrelevant. I have invisible capability to kill someone at virtually all times by multiple methods, simply by carrying a small knife, a gun, and having some limited martial arts knowledge.

Get over it.

Last edited:

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I know I would have been terrorized if I saw someone walking into the grocery store with a loaded assault rifle, like he plans to gun us all down. I am sure many there felt the same way.

Someone having possession of an assault rifle is not evidence of his wanting to gun anyone down. Now if he started brandishing the weapon at other people, he'd be committing a felony. Apparently he didn't do that.

So basically you and anyone who called 911 in any serious fear are a bunch of sheltered pussies. For my part, I'd call the cops just in case, but I'd also walk up to the guy and ask him what he was doing, start talking about guns, etc.

Jan 25, 2011
All I'll say on the subject is when your moment of fame includes the phrase "he was banned from Kroger" you're doing it wrong.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Someone having possession of an assault rifle is not evidence of his wanting to gun anyone down. Now if he started brandishing the weapon at other people, he'd be committing a felony. Apparently he didn't do that.

So basically you and anyone who called 911 in any serious fear are a bunch of sheltered pussies. For my part, I'd call the cops just in case, but I'd also walk up to the guy and ask him what he was doing, start talking about guns, etc.

Well since open carry is illegal in California, I am sure most would call 911 here.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Well since open carry is illegal in California, I am sure most would call 911 here.

Despite it being legal, having lived in Virginia for about 95% of my life I've never seen anyone open carry, it's extremely rare and is usually only done as a protest. Hence the reaction at Kroger.

The difference is California turned open carry into a victimless crime.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...nman-kills-2-nj-supermarket-article-1.1148744

This is why people don't like seeing assault rifles at supermarkets.

I hate people who make a show like that.

The difference being the guy in the OP never even came close to shooting anyone whereas the guy in your link went in with the intent to kill.

It's all "ignorance is bliss." Most people are fine with my carrying a concealed, loaded handgun and spare magazine (giving me 15 rounds total), but if I carried a 15 shot rifle on my back I'd get looks, and if it was painted black I'd have the cops all over me.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
The difference being the guy in the OP never even came close to shooting anyone whereas the guy in your link went in with the intent to kill.

It's all "ignorance is bliss." Most people are fine with my carrying a concealed, loaded handgun and spare magazine (giving me 15 rounds total), but if I carried a 15 shot rifle on my back I'd get looks, and if it was painted black I'd have the cops all over me.

Yeah, no. It was a similar pattern: guy brings a military weapon to a grocery store. this stranger with a gun could have been like the pathmark shooter. It is entirely rational and justifiable for the managers to take the actions they took.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Yeah, no. It was a similar pattern: guy brings a military weapon to a grocery store. this stranger with a gun could have been like the pathmark shooter. It is entirely rational and justifiable for the managers to take the actions they took.

I have no issue with them calling the cops, nor even with them banning him from his store (they're a business, displays like that could hurt their business).

It's the people freaking out thinking they're about to go through the next Sandy Hook that has me facepalming. If you see a visibly armed gunman, he can see you, and he isn't shooting or aiming at anyone, you're either in no danger or witnessing one of the dumbest would-be shooters of all time.

Stand back, compose yourself, and think about the situation for a couple of seconds. Given the current state of politics, if I saw someone with a slung AR-15 walk into a store I'd think "oh great, another one of those moron radical 2nd amendment protestors." I'd then keep an eye on him to make sure that rifle was remaining slung as I went about my business.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Your title still needs some truthifying ...

Man walks into Kroger with loaded AR15 to shop, no one died, left without incident.

Till then you are still pretty much a liar.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
I have no issue with them calling the cops, nor even with them banning him from his store (they're a business, displays like that could hurt their business).

It's the people freaking out thinking they're about to go through the next Sandy Hook that has me facepalming. If you see a visibly armed gunman, he can see you, and he isn't shooting or aiming at anyone, you're either in no danger or witnessing one of the dumbest would-be shooters of all time.

Stand back, compose yourself, and think about the situation for a couple of seconds. Given the current state of politics, if I saw someone with a slung AR-15 walk into a store I'd think "oh great, another one of those moron radical 2nd amendment protestors." I'd then keep an eye on him to make sure that rifle was remaining slung as I went about my business.

you stand back and think for a couple seconds..so now all someone has to do is walk in with a weapon and pretend not to be doing anything..and then shoot in a couple minutes? the mindset you are advocating is idiotic....you will "keep an eye" on him..what the hell are you going to do if he doesn't keep it slung?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
you stand back and think for a couple seconds..so now all someone has to do is walk in with a weapon and pretend not to be doing anything..and then shoot in a couple minutes? the mindset you are advocating is idiotic....you will "keep an eye" on him..what the hell are you going to do if he doesn't keep it slung?

The mindset I'm advocating acknowledges reality.

Right now a bad guy could holster two handguns under a normal jacket, wearing normal clothes, innocuously walk around all day, and shoot whenever he wants. What are you going to do if that happens?

More pertinent to the subject of the thread, how is guy with two illegally concealed handguns less dangerous than a guy with a legally visible rifle? The answer is he's actually far more dangerous due to concealability, which is why literally 98% of all gun crime is committed with handguns. Even if the guy is ill-intentioned, which there is no evidence of, you're actually much safer with the gun being visible because you can monitor him and have more warning.

As for how I'd react, depends on a multitude of factors. If I'm carrying I might try and shoot back, I might run, I might take cover and try to call the cops, I might have turned away to look at something and gotten shot in the back, I might be his first victim and see him just quickly enough to brown my pants and die. What do you want me to say?

But hey! There's good news for people like you. The owner of a private property can ban the carrying of weapons from their establishment. So if you're really concerned about some jackass protestor, and really that intimidated by the mere sight of a slung rifle, I suggest you complain to management. I'm sure many of them wet their panties just as easily.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
From the title, I was expecting a punch line.

Man walks into Kroger with loaded AR15.
The farmers daughter is behind the register.
The man walks up and says....