Man, time flies.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Well, this time next week I will be attending my commencement ceremony at University of Central Florida receiving my Bachelors of Science in Information Technology. It seems like yesterday that I started, and now I'm finished! I started in May of 2003, and I finished up in 3.5 years while working full-time for 2.5 of them.

For some reason, I'm kind of sad. Even though I hated a lot of my useless classes, I think I'll miss the interesting people I met, parties I attended, and just the regular college shenanigans. Plus, it'll be weird for awhile. I'm so used to working all day, then going straight home to do homework or studying. I always have had school work on the back burner until I had a chance to do it. Now, it's just work; how boring. :(

Who else is graduating this semester? Your thoughts?

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
I've been in school since fall 2002... switching majors, and going to 3 different schools is really pissing off my parents. Now I'm at art school. Atleast I'm good at what I do even though my grades dont show it... damn paperwork.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: FoBoT
congrats! :clock:

i guess you already have a full time job? so no job hunting stress for you?

Yep, I've had a full-time job for quite awhile. I just took a new position this past October that's closer to home.

After next week, it's time to ask my boss for that graduation raise. :D

WannaFly

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
great! congratulations. I graduated from UCF in 2004 and currently work there and also working on my masters degree now. UCF ROCKS! ;)

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: WannaFly
great! congratulations. I graduated from UCF in 2004 and currently work there and also working on my masters degree now. UCF ROCKS! ;)

What department do you work at? I used to work for Industrial Engineering, Computer Services, and College of Business.

By the way, I will probably start my Masters in IT in Fall of 2007 if they have it done by then.

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
same happened to me. flew right by then you get out and find it goes even faster.

Dualist

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2005
Great, congratulations!

Now you should be ready for the future. :)

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Graduated from UF spring of '05. It's hard to believe it's been over a year and a half. In retrospect, I don't miss school though.

WannaFly

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Danman
Originally posted by: WannaFly

What department do you work at? I used to work for Industrial Engineering, Computer Services, and College of Business.

By the way, I will probably start my Masters in IT in Fall of 2007 if they have it done by then.

I'm doing my masters in MIS from the school of business, I think its going to prove very valueable to give me a look at the business aspect instead of the indepth technical a further IT or IST degree would.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Danman
Well, this time next week I will be attending my commencement ceremony at University of Central Florida receiving my Bachelors of Science in Information Technology. It seems like yesterday that I started, and now I'm finished! I started in May of 2003, and I finished up in 3.5 years while working full-time for 2.5 of them.

For some reason, I'm kind of sad. Even though I hated a lot of my useless classes, I think I'll miss the interesting people I met, parties I attended, and just the regular college shenanigans. Plus, it'll be weird for awhile. I'm so used to working all day, then going straight home to do homework or studying. I always have had school work on the back burner until I had a chance to do it. Now, it's just work; how boring. :(

Who else is graduating this semester? Your thoughts?

I graduate this semester. My cereomy is January 6th I think. Im actually kind of nervous that it's finally over. I mean, I'll still be taking graduate courses in order to meet CPA exam requirements, but I'll have my degree and I'll be out in the real world.

blue1friday2

Mar 22, 2006
Congratulations!!! I was supposed to graduate this semester but now they are telling me I have two credit hours to account for. I can't wait to be finished with those bastards. Good Luck.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
WOOT!!! ME TOO!@ Here's to the Fall '06 Grads! :beer: I walk on Saturday, but I still have Finals the next week... how weird is that? Oh well... no more homework anyway. This last semester was ridiculous... I was taking 17 credits, and then got told by my advisor more than a month into classes that I was short a 300+ level class (3 credits). So my final semester at college ended up being 20 credits (12-16 is considered "full time"). Anyway, I feel similar to you... I'll miss "college life". In addition I'm moving back to my hometown while my GF is staying here for the rest of the year. That'll probably be the toughest part, though we're "only" going to be 5.5hrs away from each other plus I have other friends here who will be visiting and will be ferrying her back and forth. But after she graduates she goes home to Japan, and I probably won't be able to see her for almost a year. As for work vs school... I'm excited to be able to JUST work and not have to come home to hours of studying/homework. Ya, I'll have other things to worry about... but I'm burned out on school. :p Anyway, Congratulations!