Man talks to Police like Police would talk to man

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I have no idea what I just watched but I can say with 100% certainty that the guy doing the recording was white.
True dat...

What he is doing is treating a cop, just like cops treat civilians.

Get stopped, and get asked;
Where are you coming from?​
Where are you going?​
Why?​
How much have you had to drink?​
Do you have any drugs on you?​
Where is your gun?​
When did you stop beating your wife?​
etc.​

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I was ready to call shens on this video but apparently this guy does this for a living/avocation.
I thought no way can a cop be this stupid. Apparently there are plenty of dumb asses for his videos.
He seems to have 200+ videos of this stuff.
The one that was posted was from Feb. of this year, with the most views of any of the others.

<smh>

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why do you feel bad for the cop?
He couldn't disengage because of his alpha male mentality. That's part of the problem.
The only thing we know about that dude, beyond he is a dude, is that
1. He is a cop
2. He observes something odd and engages
He did not "Get the fuck off before I shoot you" or any crap like that.
I did not see an "Alpha Male" right there, sure a dude displaying authority? Yea, its in the job description.
I feel bad for him cause I can see in his eyes the exact second he eats the line hook sinker (oh crap a journalist out to get me)... And he is being set up. You dont know this dude is bad.

edit: Ever read Kevin Mitnick The Art Of Deception? It does take much to get people to do a wide range of shit if you know how to play the piano.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wow! Love it. Funny as hell. Only his whiteness saved him from an arrest and/or beating.

All valid points made by the journalist.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yall wrong on this one.

edit: Strike that, I dont live it, what the fuck do I know.
edit: Strike that strike, humans are humans, you are still all wrong :).

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I get this guy's point, but I personally do not endorse his tactics. The next time that detective encounters a suspected perp with no cameras or witnesses present, he will be more likely to use abusive force due to his simmering resentment from this encounter.

Freddy said it best:

1603805982058.png

Mar 11, 2004
I figured he was gonna get a good gotcha moment, but then he just started calling him a punkass and to get inside to his office and I lost it.

It also perfectly shows exactly how cops escalate situations. They start out asking benign questions and not reacting any certain way but then start asking more pointed things deliberately to try and get a reaction that they can then use to justify further escalation until they get what they want out of a situation.

I get this guy's point, but I personally do not endorse his tactics. The next time that detective encounters a suspected perp with no cameras or witnesses present, he will be more likely to use abusive force due to his simmering resentment from this encounter.

Freddy said it best:

View attachment 32434

Your concern is dully (yes that was intentional) noted. Not sure you should be pulling Nietzsche for this, but oooook.

If that's all it takes for this cop to be an asshole to someone else, then the cop already was there and literally just about any fucking thing including him having indigestion or constipation would lead to him lashing out.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I got on a kick awhile back of watching first amendment audit videos, specifically News Now Houston. It fun to watch him telling cops they are full of shit, in a polite way. Really fun when he tells corporate security to pound sand.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Feel bad for that cop, why the hell didnt he just disengage.

Absolutely!

Why is escalating the situation the first choice for so many cops?

That should be the make-or-break question whether a cop is hired or retained.

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
I figured he was gonna get a good gotcha moment, but then he just started calling him a punkass and to get inside to his office and I lost it.

It also perfectly shows exactly how cops escalate situations. They start out asking benign questions and not reacting any certain way but then start asking more pointed things deliberately to try and get a reaction that they can then use to justify further escalation until they get what they want out of a situation.

Your concern is dully (yes that was intentional) noted. Not sure you should be pulling Nietzsche for this, but oooook.

If that's all it takes for this cop to be an asshole to someone else, then the cop already was there and literally just about any fucking thing including him having indigestion or constipation would lead to him lashing out.
Don't talk to the police.

Reactions: pmv