Man, talk about unexpected...a bad day for this dude

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
that's going to leave a mark.

I threw the javelin in highschool, almost hit the coach once. my teammate knocked it out of the air right before it was going to hit him, needless to say the coach was pissed off.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Nice shot! I wonder if the thrower got extra points for hitting a moving target?

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
That actually happens a lot more than you might think. The javelin is banned here in Missouri, some guy took one to the chest and got "tripodded." It's banned in a lot of other states too.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Reminds of the Polish Olympic Javelin team. All were killed.

They elected to receive.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: jadinolf

They elected to receive.

Man, how many chances do you get to pull that out of your arsenal? Great job :thumbsup:.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
I remember last year at a World Championship a javelin hit Brazilian judge and nailed her foot to the ground.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006

They elected to receive.

ROFL!

I'm glad they don't throw Jav. at my track meets.

HardcoreRomantic

Jun 20, 2007
There have been a lot of close calls at track meets at my home town. Not quite as much with Javelin since that was held quite a ways from the main track, but I remember one guy getting nailed with a shot put.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
In other news, a new study concludes that long sharp objects such as javelins are dangerous when thrown. Scientists and sports enthusiasts are shocked by the study, proclaiming that the landmark breakthrough will save hundreds each year.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I have a friend who hit his little brother (both were on the track team) in the head with a discus. The younger brother was an idiot and walking across the target area not paying attention.

edit: aside from him still being an idiot, no long term injuries were sustained.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: blurredvision

They elected to receive.

Man, how many chances do you get to pull that out of your arsenal? Great job :thumbsup:.

I simply lie in wait. It's bound to happen.:laugh:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
theres an older vid on the net of a judge getting hit by one, goes in around his shoulder and down through him into the ground