Man spends 6 years in prison over false rape accusation

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Time for him to take justice into his own hands.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Rape is a horrible crime, but the hysteria surrounding sex crimes in this country is out of control. Just being accused of rape, much less actually being guilty, is pretty much the end of your life.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
her life is ruined.. now that this story is out, someone's going to start a witchhunt to make her pay.. with blood or treasure.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If he were accused of just a single rape wouldn't he be able to rape her and claim his right not to be tried for the same crime twice?

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
If he were accused of just a single rape wouldn't he be able to rape her and claim his right not to be tried for the same crime twice?

No because it would not be the same crime. If you rob a bank and go to jail, you can't rob the bank a 2nd time and claim immunity due to double jeopardy, it doesn't work that way.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Seems to me that if you do the time you should be able to do the crime. That seems like an acceptable recompense for false accusations of rape.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Our federal government has done the same thing to some foreign corporations recently (e.g. Toyota), so I doubt they are in any hurry to fix things in this case.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Poor guy. I really feel for him. I can only imagine what he is going through right now.

Go for a good long run on the beach bud, and enjoy the sun.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Girl keeps money and isn't punished for what she did

Who says she will get to keep the money and will not be punished for what she did? Your article says nothing of the sort. You have a source on this?

I can't imagine the school district isn't going to be taking action to recover this money. And if the district doesn't sue her, he will. I also think she's likely going to be prosecuted.

- wolf

Last edited:

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Who says she will get to keep the money and will not be punished for what she did? Your article says nothing of the sort. You have a source on this?

I can't imagine the school district isn't going to be taking action to recover this money. And if the district doesn't sue her, he will. I also think she's likely going to be prosecuted.

- wolf

According to court papers, she admitted to him she lied but later refused to tell prosecutors the same thing lest she have to give back the $1.5 million she and her family won in a civil suit against Long Beach schools.

*shrug*

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What a terribly incomplete reporting job. For starters, what evidence led to him being exonerated?

Anyway, the lesson here is clear:

Abstinence until marriage, Schneider.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

Yeah, it says she didn't want to admit it publicly because she didn't want to have to give the money back. However, it has now become public for whatever reason. Actually, I checked Brian Banks' personal website, and he apparently had a private investigator tape her confession.

I've got a feeling she'll get what she deserves.

- wolf

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
What a terribly incomplete reporting job. For starters, what evidence led to him being exonerated?

Yeah, the article is lame. If Banks' website is accurate, and honestly I see no reason to doubt anything there, the girl was videotaped confessing to the false accusation. The article also gets a number of details wrong. For example, Banks says he did not have "consensual sex" with her. He says they only made out.

http://brianbanks.org/the-incident/

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I'm sure criminal charges are sure to follow this young girl. I'm also sure a review will be made as to why Mr Banks was encouraged to plead guilty to a crime he did not commit with what appears to be no real evidence. Medical malpractice may get all the attention, but there is such a thing as legal malpractice as well.

In addition, man is it just me or are rape claims in this country totally crazy? Why is it that women who are raped in these publicized stories never go to the cops or a doctor right away and have DNA evidence to back it up? I mean, if I was raped (myself being a dude) I'm pretty sure I would immediately be spilling my guts over it rather than waiting 4+ weeks (as many rape cases I've read about state happened) before going in to report the guy.

I mean geez if you were raped and left alive, how long would you take before reporting it? There honestly should be a law stating if you don't report the rape in 2 days so that collection of DNA evidence can occur (without a solid obvious physical reason you could not do so) the case should be immediately thrown out.

Last edited:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Ah, the guy has been out since 2007, but the chick contacted him last year and it took a year to get through the system.

Still, being a registered sex offender with an ankle monitor and probation conditions... it's better than prison, but that's still 5 years of crap on top of just over 5 years in prison.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm also sure a review will be made as to why Mr Banks was encouraged to plead guilty to a crime he did not commit with what appears to be no real evidence.

Because that's the way it's always done?

Prosecutor: Plead guilty and you're out in 10, otherwise you're going away for life scumbag.

Accused: But I didn't do anything.

Prosecutor: Nobody believe rapists.

N00b State Appointed Defense Attorney: You should probably take it.

Accused: OK.

Prosecutor: Great, now somebody call my publicist and tell him to add my latest win to the article about how I'm running for state representative.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

How does abstinence prevent a girl from falsely accusing you of rape?