Man says he's going blind thanks to Obama

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I hope he gets the help he needs. Blaming the ACA is extreme denial, however. He'd have been in exactly the same position before the ACA.
Actually, no. Even ignoring the issue of subsidies, before ACA, if he'd let it get this far before getting insurance, he would've run into the "pre-existing condition" exception that was more or less universal except when prohibited by state law. And I suspect South Carolina was not among the states that did prohibit it. Wouldn't want to interfere with the poor insurance companies' right to operate in a "free market" now, would they?

Last edited:

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
taking joy at his loss because he is of the other party.
I take no joy in his medical problems, but on the other hand, I do find it difficult to feel a great deal of sympathy for him and certainly do mock him for raving that his current crisis is "Obama's fault." Obama didn't make him a fool, he did that all by himself.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Actually, no. Even ignoring the issue of subsidies, before ACA, if he'd let it get this far before getting insurance, he would've run into the "pre-existing condition" exception that was more or less universal except when prohibited by state law. And I suspect South Carolina was not among the states that did prohibit it. Wouldn't want to interfere with the poor insurance companies' rights to operate in a "free market" now, would they?
His point was that the ACA did not hurt the man in any way.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
His point was that the ACA did not hurt the man in any way.
I wasn't disagreeing with Jhhnn's general point, I was noting that the hypocritical Mr. Lang is not only not being hurt by ACA, he's in fact being helped by it, despite himself and his failure to obtain insurance when he should have/was supposed to.

Last edited:

lamedude

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I also blame Democrats for forcing the GOP governors to block Medicaid expansion.
With a little hamstering you can blame dems for only fully funding Medicaid expansion until 2017. No way red states will be able to pick up 5-10% of the tab.