Man of The Year

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
All in all, I think it speaks correctly of the political climates of this country, the best quote that I got out of it:
"Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed frequently and for the same reasons".

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Good movie, but the glitch in the programming of the voting machines was waaaay to stupid. The way it was screwing up was something that (1) no programmer would have ever done in a billion years (it's that outrageous of a bug), and (2) the testers probably wouldn't have figured out what was calling the winner, but it would have been painfully obvious to even the most brain-dead of people that it was wrong.

So that kinda ruined the movie for me to an extent.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
I don't think they just want to out-right calling the last election fraudulent, hence the "glitch". Anyway, I never analyze too much into any movies, because if I do, they'd all appear flawed and stupid.

Jun 27, 2005
I'm probably the last person on the forum to have watched this movie...

Technical aspects aside (the premise was fairly laughable - hard to imagine a glitch that large passing inspecition), it was a much darker movie than I was expecting. The ads made it look like that Chris Rock movie. Funny funny funny... comedian wins the presidency... hahahaha... But the actual movie was much more forboding than that.

Really, if they had run someone other than Robin Williams and the 'glitch' wasn't a glitch... They might have had something there. "He who counts the votes..." and all that. I wasn't disappointed in the movie but it really had the potential to be much better... either as a straight comedy or as a very dark and sinister primer on how to manipulate an election. I think the latter would have been much more interesting.

It was an interesting concept for a movie... too bad they didn't run with it.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I love the comment about how we should pick our Senate--just like we do jurors. :thumbsup:

timswim78

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2003
Good commentary on politics does not equal good movie.

That movie stunk. It had way too many errors and holes for me.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
good commentary, funny jokes, stupid error. Error did keep the movie from being pretty good.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
The movie was alright.

Aside from obvious plotholes, what disappointed me the most was that the director couldn't decide if the movie was going to a comedy or something more serious. The movie kept jumping in and out of the comedy state of mind.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
I'm probably the last person on the forum to have watched this movie...

Technical aspects aside (the premise was fairly laughable - hard to imagine a glitch that large passing inspecition), it was a much darker movie than I was expecting. The ads made it look like that Chris Rock movie. Funny funny funny... comedian wins the presidency... hahahaha... But the actual movie was much more forboding than that.

Really, if they had run someone other than Robin Williams and the 'glitch' wasn't a glitch... They might have had something there. "He who counts the votes..." and all that. I wasn't disappointed in the movie but it really had the potential to be much better... either as a straight comedy or as a very dark and sinister primer on how to manipulate an election. I think the latter would have been much more interesting.

It was an interesting concept for a movie... too bad they didn't run with it.

We just saw it. It wasn't what I was expecting (more comedy) but never the less we enjoyed it.