Man of courage..what do you think?

Neos

Jul 19, 2000
I really hate all this that is happening in this election, but I see
something, and I wonder how many others see it too.
I see two men, one who is going to be cast into a job with an almost
insurmountable task ...that of unifying a nation. I am sure that he came to seek it with a knowing that it would be tough, cause to be the president is tough ...but at the same time I am sure he never expected this. The one I speak of is Mr. Bush.
I see in Mr. Bush an honest man of courage ..who would ...if the need arose, give up any claim to the presidency. He would do this for the good of the nation. I see a man of faith and humility, knowing that within himself is a limited capacity to handle this task at hand ...but also that he will lean to a deeper strength always given by a loving creator when we truly recognize our limits, and depend on Him. This same creator will grant Mr. Bush wisdom, and much is truly needed for the task at hand.
I see a man who ...in taking on this task ....is not on a power trip, but will in most likelihood come away from this time ...having given his life, and probably the life of his family for this nation.
Now contrast that to Mr. Gore ...who would seem to be desiring power at any cost. The question is why? Do we really see him as one who would desire to give his life for this country, or as one who would further an agenda?
It is so clear to me, and what is doubly clear is that we need to pray for the next President, whoever he might be.
Neos

PS..In saying this, I am not looking through jaded glasses. I know that neither of these men is perfect, and at the same time there really seems to be a big difference.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Neos You've nailed Bush's attitude about this.....I hope you've got thick skin...there are atheists about...:frown:

pamchenko

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
pure speculation
I could easily say that gore is a great man when in fact both are great men, just with different means to the ends.

funny you mention giving your life for the nation, gore served in nam, bush weaseled it

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000

<< It is so clear to me, and what is doubly clear is that we need to pray for the next President, whoever he might be. >>

I can agree with you on that. As for his true character, I don't know him personally and all I have to work with is the information I gather...

His true character remains to be seen. I hope you are right.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

<<funny you mention giving your life for the nation, gore served in nam, bush weaseled it >>

Being a reporter with a bodyguard, leaving Vietnam early (think 4 mo of a 12 mo tour) for Divinity and law school and flunking out (or Leaving) both, and strapping a fighter jet to your back (even if in the National Guard) are not even remotely related.

Too complicated of a sentence for you?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
As I have posted, previously, if Gore is lying and does not pursue the programs he has advocated, I can roast him for that, later. I am much more concerned that Bush would succeed at anything he says he wants to do.

His tax cut idea is terminally stupid. Assuming the projected budget surplus really occurs, contrary to his pronouncements, it is not our money, at least until those with a prior claim on it get theirs. It's called the national debt. Since one of the biggest items in the national budget, each and every year, is interest on that debt, paying it off sooner, rather than later, would put more money in the hands of all Americans far sooner than any tax cut ever could. Ask any economist.

You may not favor abortion. If so, don't have one. I would not presume to interfere with any woman's right to choose to do in this most personal of matters.

I see in Mr. Bush a nitwit who has lead his state to being the most poluted in the nation, all in the name of greed. His head is firmly buried between his glutial cheeks when it comes to understanding that we cannot continue to pollute the one and only planet we have that supports our very survival. Anyone who says, as Bush has, that the &quot;evidence is not in&quot; hasn't been paying enough attention to reality to qualify as Presidential material.

In any of these matters, I would not want Bush to be appointing Justices to the Supreme Court.

Beyond that, I see in Mr. Bush a functional illiterate I could not trust with the &quot;big red button,&quot; since he pronounces the word of the device it controls nu-cue-lar, and he has serious problems with the meanings of not only other words, but entire serious political and philosophical concepts.

Neos -- My vote is already cast, and it won't be recounted. We will all have to live with whichever of them is eventually named the winner, but since you asked, now you have my opinion.

Neos

Jul 19, 2000
Hey Harv...
Yes, I am sure that we are worlds apart when it comes to politics, but I do appreciate what you say at the end in regard to all living with the choice we have made.
I really do hate that what we seem to have at the end of all this is pure politics. I hope that statesmenship will prevail, the rule of law is adherred to, and whomever we have come to be the president will have the capacity to bring this nation together. The way it stands now we seem to be a nation greatly confused and divided.
Someone once said that a nation divided cannot stand.
God bless.
Neos