Man, Obama is just like Bush . . .

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If Dubya had made some of the stupid verbal gaffes Obama has been making lately, the press would have lampooned him.

Throughout our history, America?s confronted constantly evolving danger, from the oppression of an empire, to the lawlessness of the frontier, from the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor, to the threat of nuclear annihilation. Americans have adapted to the threats posed by an ever-changing world.

Could have sworn there was more than one bomb dropped at Pearl Harbor . . .

I should start a thread called "Obamisms". :D

Transcript

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Uh.. You're gonna have to come up with something a whole lot better than saying bomb instead of bombs to equal the mass stupidity of our current president.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Slick5150
Uh.. You're gonna have to come up with something a whole lot better than saying bomb instead of bombs to equal the mass stupidity of our current president.

57 states?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

I'll come up with a list, some of them are great.

EDIT -

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed," Obama said in a 27-minute speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering art studio for a fundraiser.

. . .

The President of Canada?

. . .

Marking the anniversary of the March 1965 "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Ala., Obama, speaking at a church, said his parents got together "because of what happened in Selma." Obama was born in 1961.

. . .

Obama told Larry King on CNN -- asked about that anti-Hillary Rodham Clinton YouTube ad, a doctored version of a spot created for Apple computers -- "We don't have the technical capacity to create something like that."

Obama did not know what he was talking about. Any professional media consultant can manipulate images on video. Turns out the creator -- unmasked last week as a political operative who worked for a firm overseeing the technical side of Obama's Web site -- made it at home on a Mac.

. . .

Mr. Obama told a Portland, Ore., crowd this month that Iran doesn't "pose a serious threat to us," saying that "tiny countries" with small defense budgets aren't much to worry about. But Iran has almost one-fourth the population of the U.S. and is well on its way to developing nuclear weapons. The next day Mr. Obama had to reverse himself and declare he had "made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave."

. . .

Last week in Orlando, Fla., he said he would meet with Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chávez to discuss, among other issues, Chávez's support of the Marxist FARC guerrillas in Colombia. The next day, in Miami, he insisted any country supporting the FARC should suffer "regional isolation." Obama advisers were left explaining how this circle could be squared.

. . .

Obama: "Since the Bush Administration launched a misguided war in Iraq, its policy in the Americas has been negligent toward our friends, ineffective with our adversaries, disinterested in the challenges that matter in peoples' lives, and incapable of advancing our interests in the region. No wonder, then, that demagogues like Hugo Chavez have stepped into this vacuum."

Hugo Chavez was elected in 1998.

. . .

*Explaining last week why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: ?Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it?s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.? On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?

. . .

Washington Post article

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Obama is just like Bush in that he is going to be President too.

But thats about all the similarities one can draw up

blinky8225

Nov 23, 2004
It's a single letter s that you're making a big fuss over. It's just as likely that whoever typed the transcript misheard that s. Either way, it's insignificant.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Bush: Makes so many gaffes books have been written about them.

Obama: Makes gaffes as well. But they're innocuous in nature and are never repeated

McCain: Makes innocuous gaffes. However, his are repeated enough to wonder if he knows what he's talking about.

Considering we all makes gaffes every day (I know I do), I can't help but think they're honest mistakes on Obama's part.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blinky8225
It's a single letter s that you're making a big fuss over. It's just as likely that whoever typed the transcript misheard that s. Either way, it's insignificant.

Videos on YouTube. The transcript is correct.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: XMan
Originally posted by: blinky8225

Videos on YouTube. The transcript is correct.

So, your point is?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
If Dubya had made some of the stupid verbal gaffes Obama has been making lately, the press would have lampooned him.

Throughout our history, America?s confronted constantly evolving danger, from the oppression of an empire, to the lawlessness of the frontier, from the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor, to the threat of nuclear annihilation. Americans have adapted to the threats posed by an ever-changing world.

Transcript
:cookie:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Transcript

Come on... I am no fan of Obama and yes he has said some dumb things but accidentally using the singular term versus the plural? You're reaching.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There was one famous bomb that was dropped on Pearl Harbor, the one that went down the stack of the Arizona.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: OrByte
Obama is just like Bush in that he is going to be President too.

But thats about all the similarities one can draw up
:laugh: :thumbsup:

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
This was stupid when they were making fun of Bush and it's still stupid. We all make mistakes, especially when on the spot. Get over it

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: GenHoth
This was stupid when they were making fun of Bush and it's still stupid. We all make mistakes, especially when on the spot. Get over it

Seriously. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Bush, his inability to master the English language isn't one of them. When was the last time we had a President who didn't sound like an idiot on camera? I know people remember Clinton this way, but go back and watch his speeches again...he's not immune to the verbal slip-ups either.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Seriously. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Bush, his inability to master the English language isn't one of them.
No but it was a great reason to ridicule him endlessly. At least Obama doesn't sound like a moronic hick when he makes verbal gaffes like Bush does.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Awwww, look at the little guy go! Here, look, I got you something!

*tears open gift wrap*

*GASP*

Do you like it? I hope you like it. I figured every little boy like you could use a BIGGER American flag. Go ahead - put it on your truck!

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Seriously. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Bush, his inability to master the English language isn't one of them.
No but it was a great reason to ridicule him endlessly. At least Obama doesn't sound like a moronic hick when he makes verbal gaffes like Bush does.

Well sure, that's always fun...I just think sometimes people lose sight of the difference between fodder for late night comedians and actual political issues. Although I will admit that there are certainly degrees of butchery of the English language. There is a differences between misspeaking every once in a while and simply not knowing how to pronounce basic words or what they mean. One is indicative of less than perfect speaking skills, while the other indicates something more fundamentally stupid.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

Throughout our history, America?s confronted constantly evolving danger,

Does a good job keeping us focused on terrorism. Rather obvious he's being spoon fed this crap. Too bad he didn't take the initiative and think for himself. What astounds me is that Obama can't see that he already has the nomination wrapped up. He's so concerned with "self" that he has to buy into the political game even now.
So the man talks change and has sofar failed to deliver. Since whenever anyone asks what Barack Obama has accomplished the thread goes mysteriously silent I'd like to know what everyone thinks Obama will "change". Will he lower taxes? Will he stop engaging in foreign wars?
Will he work to repeal the patriot act? Will he fight against torture?
Will he pull us out of Iraq in his first year?
What will change? P.S. This is a real question.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

*tears open gift wrap*

*GASP*

Do you like it? I hope you like it. I figured every little boy like you could use a BIGGER American flag. Go ahead - put it on your truck!

You can keep it, I don't own a vehicle.

And furthermore, great sig. Way to back up the hillbilly stereotype.

Generalizations are so fun! Since you live in California that must mean you're a tree hugging peacenik Commie! :roll:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Perry404

Throughout our history, America?s confronted constantly evolving danger,

Does a good job keeping us focused on terrorism. Rather obvious he's being spoon fed this crap. Too bad he didn't take the initiative and think for himself. What astounds me is that Obama can't see that he already has the nomination wrapped up. He's so concerned with "self" that he has to buy into the political game even now.
So the man talks change and has sofar failed to deliver. Since whenever anyone asks what Barack Obama has accomplished the thread goes mysteriously silent I'd like to know what everyone thinks Obama will "change". Will he lower taxes? Will he stop engaging in foreign wars?
Will he work to repeal the patriot act? Will he fight against torture?
Will he pull us out of Iraq in his first year?
What will change? P.S. This is a real question.

www.barackobama.com

You can find the answer to your questions there.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

*tears open gift wrap*

*GASP*

You can keep it, I don't own a vehicle.

And furthermore, great sig. Way to back up the hillbilly stereotype.

Generalizations are so fun! Since you live in California that must mean you're a tree hugging peacenik Commie! :roll:

*Looks at your sig*
*At the bolded text*
*Back at you sig*
*Bolded text again*

Here, enjoy this tall glass of irony I have provided. If you need ice, let me know.