Man, my circuits book SUCKS

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
It is Electric Circuits by Nilsson. It's not a BAD book but doesn't really help you work through anything, it just gives you the answer. I hate books like that. Two of my profs wrote their own books and they are phenomeanally good books. yet this one is a widely-distributed and used book and it just sucks.

It's really a sad day when my professors make me use their books and their books are actually better than the classes in which we use a more common book.

That is all.

Aug 14, 2001
I had that one, too...I thought it was OK. Don't really remember much else from it since it was a few years ago.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Elemental007
It is Electric Circuits by Nilsson. It's not a BAD book but doesn't really help you work through anything, it just gives you the answer. I hate books like that. Two of my profs wrote their own books and they are phenomeanally good books. yet this one is a widely-distributed and used book and it just sucks.

It's really a sad day when my professors make me use their books and their books are actually better than the classes in which we use a more common book.

That is all.

I had that book, too :) When we had tests in that class, if you did bad on the test the professor would staple a drop course form onto it. If you did horrible, he would staple a change of major form to it.

On another note, I once had a professor who had a student that would always argue with him in class. To get the kid to shut up, he would pick up one of the books he wrote and say "see this book, it has my name on it, not yours" :)

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I hate my math book. It's by Michael Sullivan. My Robert Blitzer books were much better for self study when you're trying to work through the examples.