Man is beaten to a coma for stopping to help child who jumped in front of his truck

Sep 7, 2009
This innocent man was driving along when an unsupervised child jumped in front of his truck.

He immediately stops, tries to render aid, tries to get help.

He is then brutally beaten by a group of neighborhood thugs and left for dead. They robbed him and emptied his truck of belongings.

He is still in a coma.

This right here is a perfect example of why you need to be better prepared if you're in a crime-ridden area.

The only solution for dealing with these sorts of thugs is shoot them dead the MOMENT your life is threatened.

http://newsone.com/3003767/steve-utash-hit-and-run-beating-detroit/

To the thug-supporters and gun grabbers.. What could he have done differently to avoid this situation?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Depends what state you're in.

Firstly, if you can even carry at all in the first place is your first issue.

Then, do you live in a state where you must try to retreat first??

Finally once you deal with those two questions, you can figure out the right course of action. Unfortunately, 1 v numerous thugs might not make a huge difference if you are carrying. Guns aren't all that effective close range while you're getting beat down by multiple individuals.

Sep 7, 2009
Depends what state you're in.

Firstly, if you can even carry at all in the first place is your first issue.

Then, do you live in a state where you must try to retreat first??

Finally once you deal with those two questions, you can figure out the right course of action. Unfortunately, 1 v numerous thugs might not make a huge difference if you are carrying. Guns aren't all that effective close range while you're getting beat down by multiple individuals.

I choose to live in a state which supports victim's rights and self-defense, so that aspect is not a major issue for me.

But let's assume you live in a state which supports criminal's rights... How is he supposed to retreat?

I think we're really at a tipping point with gun's rights. This poor elderly gentlemen should've had a gun on him, it would've been the only way to level the playing field.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I would have driven someplace safe, and then I would have made the call. These people are animals.

:)

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Why do that when you can carry an instrument which will precisely place a hunk of metal directly in someone who is attacking you?

Well, if need to eliminate ALL threats, we should whip out anything that COULD be a threat!

Fear is the fuel for keeping nice and safe.

Sep 7, 2009
I would have driven someplace safe, and then I would have made the call. These people are animals.

And left some poor child dying on the road?

You would be leaving the scene of an accident, and could be charged with homicide if the child died even though the unsupervised child jump right in front of the truck.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014

Tell the truth - they sent that kid out there on purpose, for someone to hit him and THEN beat/rob the unsuspecting good samaritan who just hit this child to come out of the car.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is why standard capacity magazines of 17 or 30 rounds are necessary. 10 wouldn't be enough in this instance when you're brutally and viciously attacked by a mob of thugs.

Good news is they got one of the thugs and are charging him with assault with attempt to murder which is why they did. They tried to beat him to death for helping the kid that jumped out in front of his truck.

What could be done differently? Always be armed and don't ever stop if you see thugs in the area. Keep going. No judge is going to give you grief for leaving the scene if you feared for your life.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Tell the truth - they sent that kid out there on purpose, for someone to hit him and THEN beat/rob the unsuspecting good samaritan who just hit this child to come out of the car.

That's what the victim's family is saying. He drives that road everyday and the thugs know he has valuables in his vehicle.

Sep 7, 2009
This is why standard capacity magazines of 17 or 30 rounds are necessary. 10 wouldn't be enough in this instance when you're brutally and viciously attacked by a mob of thugs.

Good news is they got one of the thugs and are charging him with assault with attempt to murder which is why they did. They tried to beat him to death for helping the kid that jumped out in front of his truck.

What could be done differently? Always be armed and don't ever stop if you see thugs in the area. Keep going. No judge is going to give you grief for leaving the scene if you feared for your life.

This is an excellent case for support of high capacity magazines.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What a sad story. Not surprising that it's detroit. I don't know if him carrying would have made a difference, but at least he would have had a chance to put down some of the rabid animals. Hopefully he recovers and the animals responsible can be put in jail.

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
This innocent man was driving along when an unsupervised child jumped in front of his truck.

He immediately stops, tries to render aid, tries to get help.

He is then brutally beaten by a group of neighborhood thugs and left for dead. They robbed him and emptied his truck of belongings.

He is still in a coma.

This right here is a perfect example of why you need to be better prepared if you're in a crime-ridden area.

The only solution for dealing with these sorts of thugs is shoot them dead the MOMENT your life is threatened.

http://newsone.com/3003767/steve-utash-hit-and-run-beating-detroit/

To the thug-supporters and gun grabbers.. What could he have done differently to avoid this situation?

ya be prepared, defend yourself with deadly force and then they will call you a racist and try to convict you on murder you end up like GZ.

Sep 7, 2009

Read the comments of some of the local articles about this case, you're closer to the truth than you think.

It's similar to some of these third world countries, where they set up fake road blocks to rob/rape you.

Maybe the solution from here on out is just to floor it and run thugs over if they happen to step in front of your vehicle.

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
What a sad story. Not surprising that it's detroit. I don't know if him carrying would have made a difference, but at least he would have had a chance to put down some of the rabid animals. Hopefully he recovers and the animals responsible can be put in jail.

jail? They wont be punnished at all.

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
No judge is going to give you grief for leaving the scene if you feared for your life.

wanna bet? Why did you leave the scene? I was afraid. Why were you afraid? Was it because they were black you racist!! To jail with you. Leaving the scene. Mandatory prison for that after you wake up from the coma.

LetsGetReal

Apr 8, 2014
Read the comments of some of the local articles about this case, you're closer to the truth than you think.

It's similar to some of these third world countries, where they set up fake road blocks to rob/rape you.

Maybe the solution from here on out is just to floor it and run thugs over if they happen to step in front of your vehicle.

was the child actually injured?