Man im Impressed with SBC Yahoo! DSL

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
bah i'm still waiting for the speed bump, guess i'll harrass em again tomorrow.

Enjoy the 1 hour troubleshooting with a tech in India before they connect you with someone in the states that can actually do something.

You might go to DSL Reports & contact a tech there instead. It'll take longer, but you can avoid the troubleshooting session.

Lawrencetan21

Oct 26, 2003
Originally posted by: amonline
Jumped on the wagon and man talk about nice! Anyone else have SBC and get a good Connection?
Heres a PIC with my sustained speed.

And BTW the Package is called "Expert" 3000/384 for $44 Month 12 months. Mines running at 5100/520

Yeah, I just upgraded mine too. Have to wait till Monday though. How far are you from the the CO btw? I'm like 6700. Hope i get the same speed.

ShawnReeves

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Lawrencetan21
Jumped on the wagon and man talk about nice! Anyone else have SBC and get a good Connection?

And BTW the Package is called "Expert" 3000/384 for $44 Month 12 months. Mines running at 5100/520

Yeah, I just upgraded mine too. Have to wait till Monday though. How far are you from the the CO btw? I'm like 6700. Hope i get the same speed.

Seems like I remember her saying I was around 8k ft. She first said..."well your about 2 blocks from the switch and should get a nice connection".
I may be off on the feet though. Also they told me it would get a bit faster 10-12 days after the upgrade. Hmmmmm.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Lawrencetan21

Seems like I remember her saying I was around 8k ft. She first said..."well your about 2 blocks from the switch and should get a nice connection".
I may be off on the feet though. Also they told me it would get a bit faster 10-12 days after the upgrade. Hmmmmm.

yeah you should ask them how far you are...they told me im on fiber whatever that may mean, so it doesnt matter how far i am...

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My connection is decent...Rogers Cable in ontario

I usually max out on my ISP's news server...350-380KB/sec, average downloads 250-300. Uploads only around 40KB/sec max though.

A lot of people have good things to say about Shaw cable...i'd probably switch if they opened in my city.

I pay $40 Canadian ($28US) a month.