Man, I hope this brings Kerry down!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: jemcam
He wasn't AWOL and he wasn't avoiding Nam dumbass. Didn't you read the headlines yesterday? The only reason he wasn't deployed was because he was certified on an F104 and it was being phased out.

He didn't try to coverup any of his past, not to mention outright lying about it on national TV like Clinton.

Of course he didn't deploy.....he was too busy working on his Daddy's Senatorial campaing then.

I do find it interesting that while Bush says he had been performing "equivalent training" at a Guard unit in Montgomery, Alabama, the man who was that unit's commander at the time has said he does not recall Bush reporting for duty....and how could you forget a Bush or a pilot reporting for duty. Maybe a sergeant or private, but an officer and a pilot and a Senator's son?

And I find this interesting, too, that the records both before and after Alabama are incredibly detailed, but during this period in question they are spotty at best.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Rob9874
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Bush did coke, Dui, went awol when avoding Nam, etc....... yea compared to Bush kerry is evil
rolleye.gif

Get a brain. I think most Bush haters just believe the lies the media tells them. The media is really powerful. Mainly because they've figured out that the average American will believe whatever they hear on the news. You hear Bush went AWOL, and you blindly believe it, despite proof against it. Yet, when the Clinton scandal came out, most Dems couldn't care less. In fact, they got angry at the whistle blower! HA!
No. We were angry that certain retards thought fellatio was somehow grounds for impeachment while lying about grounds for war somehow isn't.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Lash444
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Regardless, Bush is going to win.

If thats the case heres a :beer: for another 4 years of economic struggle, and a larger deficit.

CONGRATULATIONS! You've won the award for most uninformed post in this thread! Wait on the train tracks for your prize.

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999

If thats the case heres a :beer: for another 4 years of economic struggle, and a larger deficit.

Get a brain. The economy is clearly on the upswing. Bush's policies are fixing the mess that he inheireted from Clinton. And the deficit is a moot point. Again, don't believe it's a problem just because the media tells you it is. National debt is not as easily comprehended as your Visa debt. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Bush's latest budget calls for a 4.5% deficit. Big whoop! Clinton was able to create a surplus, but was lucky enough to leave town just as the effects hit the economy.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Bush did coke, Dui, went awol when avoding Nam, etc....... yea compared to Bush kerry is evil
rolleye.gif

Get a brain. I think most Bush haters just believe the lies the media tells them. The media is really powerful. Mainly because they've figured out that the average American will believe whatever they hear on the news. You hear Bush went AWOL, and you blindly believe it, despite proof against it. Yet, when the Clinton scandal came out, most Dems couldn't care less. In fact, they got angry at the whistle blower! HA!

Actually, we got angry because Republicans will moan and bitch about the smallest tax increase, cry and complain about big government, but have no problems whatsoever with wasting taxpayer dollars and manpower that could have been better spent elsewhere (like figuring out wtf Osama Bin Laden was up to?) investigating Clinton for something so insignifigant as getting his dick sucked by an intern.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto
rolleye.gif

No. We were angry that certain retards thought fellatio was somehow grounds for impeachment while lying about grounds for war somehow isn't.

um i don't know what country you live in, but here fellatio isn't grounds for impeachment. lying under oath is though.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Hammer
um i don't know what country you live in, but here fellatio isn't grounds for impeachment. lying under oath is though.
Pwned!

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
rolleye.gif

There's a difference between purgery and making decisions based on poor intelligence. If you want to blame anyone for the war, blame the CIA. But regardless if weapons or the ability to create weapons were found, I think the war was just. The world is a better place without Saddam in power. The ratio of lives lost to lives saved is justification enough. WMD or no WMD. Besides, Saddam never provided proof that he destroyed his weapon making abilities. That alone is grounds for war.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
rolleye.gif

Oh come on Fausto
rolleye.gif
You know damn well that Clinton got in trouble for lying under oath and not a blowjob, and you know damn well that Bush didn't lie about the war - he acted on what the CIA told him. The CIA goofed - not GWB.

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: hjo3
Pwned!

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: hjo3
Pwned!

:)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
rolleye.gif

Yep, and either lying to start a war or being incredibly stupid as Bush is, is good grounds for getting the heave.

I hope GWB has a nice retirement party next year for himself.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]
<German soldier dude on Laugh-In>Verrrrrrry Interesting</German soldier dude on Laugh-In>

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Repubs better be careful. If they get rid of Kerry, they get Edwards, who I think would beat Dubbya far easier.

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
rolleye.gif

Yep, and either lying to start a war or being incredibly stupid as Bush is, is good grounds for getting the heave.

I hope GWB has a nice retirement party next year for himself.

You need to get a brain of your own and form your own opinions rather than parrot what the liberal media and the celebrities say.

As far as the election, care to make a wager?

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Originally posted by: elanarchist

I'll drink :beer: to that :(

The funny part is they are saying I am misinformed....I dont know about you, but I think we are struggling economically, and I think our deficit is getting bigger. Hey, what do I know... We have plenty of funds to go into Iraq and fight a war, for those WMD. Good thing we did too, because I sat in fear every day thinking about what Hussein was going to do with them.
rolleye.gif

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BDawg
Repubs better be careful. If they get rid of Kerry, they get Edwards, who I think would beat Dubbya far easier.

I intend to vote for Edwards, although I believe Kerry will win the nomination. I don't go by Drudge headlines much. Have to see how this plays out before I say RIP to Kerry.

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
The CIA goofed - not GWB.

Har har har. Only when pressured by administration officials. Wolfowitz's Cabal provided much of the initial information and the CIA was expected to confirm it.

Zephyr

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
I heard Bush inpregnated a maid in the whitehouse and forced her to have an abortion. This story is as credible as drudge's. Discuss.

Oh, and for those people in this thread saying that Bush was mislead by the CIA, once again, I ask, if the CIA is at fault for screwing up the Iraq intelligence, why did both Cheney and Rumsfeld create special intelligence offices (to "stovepipe" intelligence) because the CIA was underrepresenting the threat posed by Iraq??

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: jahawkin
I heard Bush inpregnated a maid in the whitehouse and forced her to have an abortion. This story is as credible as drudge's. Discuss.

The only problem is that Clark seems to have some knowledge about this. Yes, it's still a rumor and an allegation but it seems like there is something behind it. We'll find out I guess. People forget that Drudge was part of breaking Lewinski...I'm sure people denounced him a nut when he did....oh wait - I know they did.:p

CkG

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
*smirk*
Heard this yesterday but it was a baby rumor. Guess it has more legs then I figured.

CkG
WHERE did you hear this yesterday?!