Man I feel bad...***UPDATE, PUPPY IS FINE!***

rayray2

Sep 12, 2002
I caught my little pug puppy chewing on a good shoe, so I took it away from him and whapped him in the face with it. Now he won't open one of his eyes. Reminds me of Rocky. :(

UPDATE: He took a little nap and when he woke up both eyes were wide open with no sign of injury. I really didn't hit him that hard, I just happened to get him in a bad spot. It's not like I lost my temper and lashed out at him like a raging madman. Nonetheless, I've learned my lesson and next time he needs a little discipline I will be sure to use the soft part of the buttox. :)

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Stupid fscking idiot, someone should come to your house and slap you in the face with a shoe. Where do you live?

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Hey man, when bitches get out of line you gotta give them a smack or two.

But puppies man, that's just mean.

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
Originally posted by: rayray2
I caught my little pug puppy chewing on a good shoe, so I took it away from him and whapped him in the face with it. Now he won't open one of his eyes. Reminds me of Rocky. :(

So is his eye ok?

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001

Give the puppy to someone who knows how to take care of it. Obviously you have no clue.

Originally posted by: Hoober

So is his eye ok?

Uh...I think you should take him to the vet...that doesn't sound too good.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
You should've smacked him on the butt. Dummy.

I hope his poor little bug-eye is OK. *waves finger* You better not do that again!!! If you do, we'll send Wduaquang (or however he spells his name) to your house and you'll have to listen to him speak, which I'm sure is waaay more painful than reading his posts. :Q

Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Wow. Leave it to people around here to over-react....

amish

I'm not overreacting - I am all for punishment for a puppy (smack on the butt, a quick but soft strike across the nose), but if you hit a dog (especially a typically-resilient puppy) and he doesn't open his eye after it, I'm guessing something's wrong.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: MichaelD
You should've smacked him on the butt. Dummy.

I hope his poor little bug-eye is OK. *waves finger* You better not do that again!!! If you do, we'll send Wduaquang (or however he spells his name) to your house and you'll have to listen to him speak, which I'm sure is waaay more painful than reading his posts. :Q

Screw that, we'll send Moonie. :Q

- M4H

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Wow. Leave it to people around here to over-react....

amish

I'm not overreacting - I am all for punishment for a puppy (smack on the butt, a quick but soft strike across the nose), but if you hit a dog (especially a typically-resilient puppy) and he doesn't open his eye after it, I'm guessing something's wrong.

Dude, how hard did you hit the poor little thing? I feel bad for it...I hope it bites your nutsack. Twice.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Poor puppy!! You might want to take him to the vet to have his eye checked out. :(

: ( Amanda

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
I feel bad for the puppy, and it sucks that it got hurt, since that obviously wasn't your goal, but you people are vaginas.

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
Originally posted by: SammyBoy
I feel bad for the puppy, and it sucks that it got hurt, since that obviously wasn't your goal, but you people are vaginas.

Wow, what are you? Like 7?

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: Hoober

So is his eye ok?

Uh...I think you should take him to the vet...that doesn't sound too good.

ditto.

and to those of you crying fowl, it is an effective training method if done correctly, much like a shock collar. its not one that I employ but its not somthing thats the worst thing in the world. you do need to be careful if that is the method that your going to utilize, as the ramafacations of you screw up can be grave to both your animal, and in many states your self as far as legal prosecution.

you need to take your dog to the vet and make sure that it's eye is ok, and that there is nothing in it. if you don't your only making it worse for yourself, and your pet.

In the future I suggest you try strong verbal training, rewarding the dog for good acts, such as coming when called, sitting on command, laying on command, healing (walking next to your heal), using the proper waste facilities, what ever you have availible to him be it a litter box (yes you can litterbox train your dogs) or outside. and giving strong stern verbal warnings for doing bad things, puff up your chest, square your sholders, get a very mean look on your face showing a little teeth and sternly announce in an elevated voice "NO!" or "BAD DOG!" making sure he keeps eye contact with you the hole time, you can grab his muzzle and direct his face and look into his eyes if he refuses to look at you.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
vona að þú potir úr þér augað næst þegar þú tannburstar þig!

jarfykk

Mar 29, 2001
I hope your dog becomes human for a day and beats the soles of your feed with an irod rod for 3 hours. Then proceeds to take your shoes and chew on them.