Man Goes into Cardiac Arrest at Heart Attack Grill

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
???
Explain seatbelt laws. I understand the law saying cars must have them, but I don't understand the law saying you must wear them. If someone wants to die, why not let him?

-heart attacks at the heart attack grill
-shot by ghetto trash at mcdonalds

Because the person doesn't want to die. He's just too stupid to wear the seatbelt.

When someone actually wants to die intentionally, we try to stop them from doing that too.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Because the person doesn't want to die. He's just too stupid to wear the seatbelt.

And why are we saving this type of person again?

I remember a few years back when the Washington Post did a profile of a "Free State"/Michigan Militia (remember them?) type. The guy refused to wear a seatbelt because the gov't mandated it! Really?!? If the gov't mandated he breathe, would he hold his breath until he passed out? We need to stop protecting the stupid from themselves, and allow them to serve a purpose - as cautionary tales for the rest of us.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
???
Explain seatbelt laws. I understand the law saying cars must have them, but I don't understand the law saying you must wear them. If someone wants to die, why not let him?

When someone gets permanently disabled because they weren't weraing their seatbelt, who pays to support them?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Unsaturated fat reduces your risk of heart disease... So there's nothing inherently wrong with fried food. Unless it's fried in trans fat. Unfortunately the restaurant industry has convinced Americans that trans fat tastes better, when all it does is save them money by lasting longer. I wanted to punch the screen when I watched the episodes of King of the Hill and American Dad where they acted like trans fat is something that you should have the "choice" to eat "in moderation" because it "tastes good".

I think you're right. I recall when McDonalds decided to stop using transfat for their fries and everyone thought they wouldn't taste as good, but they tasted the exact same.

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
Well not to state the obvious but it really wasnt the burger he was eating at the moment that had anything to do with his heart attack, it was the years of bad eating and insufficent exercise (plus some genetics). So as far as cause and effect he really cant blame the Heart Attack Grill.
I'd be interested to hear the back story, probably a morbidly obese diabetic male who has been told by his doctor to lose 100 lbs for the past 20 years.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
God I hate the DailyMail. This guy had a heart attack, he did NOT go into cardiac arrest as far as I can tell. Cardiac arrest means your heart stops, which if he could "barely talk" was obviously not the case. Horrifically shitty journalism.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
If I am sitting in front of you in the car then you are damn right that I want you and your stupid fat head to wear a seatbelt so that you don't come flying into me.

If I'm in the back seat, doesn't that mean I'm in your car? Just tell me to get out of the car if I refuse to wear one. I don't know what is so complicated about this.

Next we'll have a rule that people are not allowed to smoke in cars. Why? Because some pussy driver is too afraid to tell his passengers not to smoke in the car.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
If I'm in the back seat, doesn't that mean I'm in your car? Just tell me to get out of the car if I refuse to wear one. I don't know what is so complicated about this.

Next we'll have a rule that people are not allowed to smoke in cars. Why? Because some pussy driver is too afraid to tell his passengers not to smoke in the car.

No it doesn't mean you will be in my car because I may be in the passenger seat.

Funnily enough that 'pussy driver' will be keeping an eye on the road rather than constantly checking if cretins like you have still got your seat belt on.