Man gets probation for raping daughter.

Feb 6, 2007
To be fair, he wouldn't fare well in prison. On the other hand, who gives a shit? He raped a child. He SHOULDN'T fare well.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Yes, he would have been abused and possibly killed in prison.

But how about the victim, judge? What are the odds she ends up "normal", without a paraphilia or other mental scars of her own now?

He will get his.....

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
"State Prosecutor Kathleen M. Jennings could not discuss the case, McConnel said, because she had represented Richards while he was on probation."

Must be nice to have friends in high places when you commit rape of a child.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
If this gets enough coverage, maybe that POS Holder will be forced to find a loop-hole to allow federal prosecution. Did they ever cross state lines together? Did he ever send an email about it?

I don't know, even just arresting him and holding him in County would make him very...uncomfortable. You don't want to get booked for anything that has to do with harming children, let alone rape, believe me.

wabbitslayer

Dec 2, 2012
Two very telling things about this:

1). This case is several years old, and it took the civil lawyers for the ex-wife to bring this to the public's attention. Apparently the prosecutors wanted to keep this unbelievable slap-on-the-wrist out of the media.

2.) When a friggin' public defender is moved to comment about how leniently someone was treated, you know it's bad. Guy's probably thinking about how many years the judge would have given one of his clients for the same thing.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Another day, more proof that the justice system is fundamentally FUBAR. This is the reason why they brought in minimum sentences. Those sitting on the bench have too much freedom with little to no checks or balances.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
It blows my mind that the article title states 'will not fare well' yet OP exercised his discretion to change that to "fair."

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
In other news, a man this month got 14 years for pointing a laser at a helicopter. I guess he didn't suffer from affluenza.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Interesting admission that the prisons are not fit for purpose.
But dealing with it by granting selective get-outs (only for the wealthy?) seems like a sub-optimal solution.
Maybe create better prisons (where the most vicious don't get to prey on the vulnerable) but in the meantime why treat this guy any differently to all the less privileged abusers?

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Maybe create better prisons (where the most vicious don't get to prey on the vulnerable) but in the meantime why treat this guy any differently to all the less privileged abusers?

We already have that, but money talks.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
So why can't other (poorer) criminals point to these cases and say they should get the same sentence for the same crime (whatever the crime is)?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Dont they have isolation specifically for guys who cant be with the general population?

And even by rich white male standards this is a bullshit decision. They have white collar prisons too. That would have been less obvious abuse of justice.

Setting him free reeks of corruption. The judge should be investigated immediately.

Jay5

Jan 28, 2013
nice to see the justice system is finally fair and not screwing over men again

and of course,everyone will call him a pedo,rapist,etc but when its a women doing the same thing to a kid peoples opinions are changed

Blatant trolling equals another infraction point. Or, if you seriously think that probation is an appropriate sentence for someone who raped a 3 year old, then you're too stupid to post on these forums. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
"State Prosecutor Kathleen M. Jennings could not discuss the case, McConnel said, because she had represented Richards while he was on probation."

Must be nice to have friends in high places when you commit rape of a child.

wouldn't that be a huge conflict of interest? If I were the x-wife I would pursue that line in appeals.