man does it feel nice to shave...

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
especially after 5 days of beard growth... whats funny is that before i got into this shaving groove (2 weeks now), i use to keep a 5 day growth all the time...

oh well... this baby but smooth face manes me feel like a new man, :)

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
A few days growth is the way to go, having some stubble to rub when pondering things is what's up.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
I can't stand the itching of more than 24 hours of growth...it drives me nuts. I can wash my face, take a shower or whatever, but my face will still itch. And somehow, I am compelled to touch my face...to say "Man, I need to shave!" and then the itching is worse...and then I want to cut myself. To end the itching. To end it all.

But then I just shave and everything is OK.

So, shave everyday and I won't have to cut myself, OK? :)

Feb 8, 2006
Originally posted by: tweakmm
A few days growth is the way to go, having some stubble to rub when pondering things is what's up.
Naw, a shave so close, smooth, and comfortable that you caress yourself like you're "faceterbating" is what's up. :cool:

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: mantic
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Naw, a shave so close, smooth, and comfortable that you caress yourself like you're "faceterbating" is what's up. :cool:

Coined a new term, eh? I like it :thumbsup:

MoPHo

Platinum Member
Dec 16, 2003
shaving in shower so i dont need to use shaving cream even when im going against the grain.

oh, and i use a bowie knife.

Skiddex

Golden Member
May 17, 2001
ugh, i hate shaving, but i too do it in the shower with a quatro pro and that thing will cut thru a weeks worth of growth (which is about how often i shave)

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
I had major itching/irritation when trying to grow a beard. After 2-3 days I could not stand it and would shave it off. My step-mother told me to try conditioner on my facial hair while trying to grow a beard, it will soften the hairs and not itch. Worked like a champ and have had a beard going on a year and a half now.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I can't go more than 3-4 days before the beard gets to be really annoying and I shave it. "Faceterbating" isn't possible for me, within thiry minutes I have heavy stubble. I'm part viking, part lumberjack, part barbarian. The hair on my chest is so thick that it could suffocate a man. My 5 o'clock shadow can grate a sheet of steel into fine shavings. Okay, those last two sentences were lies, but the first three were true.

I hate growing it, but I wouldn't feel quite as manly if I were one of those guys that never had to shave. I don't know why.

MoPHo is nuts if he's serious about that bowie knife thing. I'll shave in the shower (no mirror, still a perfect shave). I've never used a knife on my face though. I'd give it a shot if I owned a bowie knife, but I'd probably spend an extra 15 minutes being EXTRA careful

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
Shaving is for the weak.
Be a real man, grow a beard.

QFT! I hate shaving, especially a 5-day old beard... Call me lazy. At least my woman loves it!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD
I can't stand the itching of more than 24 hours of growth...it drives me nuts. I can wash my face, take a shower or whatever, but my face will still itch. And somehow, I am compelled to touch my face...to say "Man, I need to shave!" and then the itching is worse...and then I want to cut myself. To end the itching. To end it all.

But then I just shave and everything is OK.

So, shave everyday and I won't have to cut myself, OK? :)

lol, pretty much same here. i can go a few days, maybe like 3 but then it just starts to itch like hell.