Man Decapitates Girlfriends Head On Balcony...

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
And he cut off her little dogs head, too.

And he tried to decapitate a cop.

And he was a chef, too.

Since this fits a P&N article posted earlier, it was added here.

This is one crime I really don't think I could have stopped, unfortunately.

He was so nuts even the cops had trouble restraining him after he was shot.

Santorini 'butcher' gravely ill

The copy cat effect.

I think if murderers were killed like they killed others, they would be a lot more humane doing it, at least. Eye for an eye, and all that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
There was a decapitation in Brazil last week too.

Fatality!

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Fatality!

Yea, I saw that one too.

Let the relatives decide the justice for these criminally minded lunatics. That is the only fair way to handle these horrendous crimes.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
Just make sure the organs of these sickos are preserved after execution, so others can get transplants.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Human beings just have a certain fraction defective, some decapitate their girl friends, others shoot up schools, but the truly inspired become vice President of the United States and cause the deaths of millions.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Human beings just have a certain fraction defective, some decapitate their girl friends, others shoot up schools, but the truly inspired become vice President of the United States and cause the deaths of millions.

Ba-ZING!

ultra laser

Banned
Jul 2, 2007

I think humans are bad by nature, but through God's grace a few are capable of compassion and kindness.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: ultra laser

I think humans are bad by nature, but through God's grace a few are capable of compassion and kindness.

What?

Or could it be the instinctual need to be able to form a functional society in order to survive?

Or learning from a parental figure?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Are you sure he decapitated her head, and not some other body part?

cue Department of Redundancy Department theme music...

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
"All I wanted was a little head," Arvanitis reportedly told the police.

Darthvoy

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2004
Originally posted by: shira
"All I wanted was a little head," Arvanitis reportedly told the police.

I guess she will never be the head of a major corporation.

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Fatality!

We desperately need stronger knife/hatchet/machete/axe laws, and a federal ban on assault utensils.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Are you sure he decapitated her head, and not some other body part?

cue Department of Redundancy Department theme music...

This is worse than redundancy, it's grossly bad diction. Decapitate means "behead." So "decapitated her head" means "beheaded her head," or more plainly, "removed the head from her head."

Last time I looked, heads don't have heads.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004

Aye! You do have to admire Truman for his intent, though.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: SlickSnake

I think if murderers were killed like they killed others, they would be a lot more humane doing it, at least. Eye for an eye, and all that.

I think you misunderstand murderers, and the eye for an eye lesson.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
And he cut off her little dogs head, too.

And he tried to decapitate a cop.

And he was a chef, too.

Since this fits a P&N article posted earlier, it was added here.

This is one crime I really don't think I could have stopped, unfortunately.

He was so nuts even the cops had trouble restraining him after he was shot.

Santorini 'butcher' gravely ill

The copy cat effect.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Without the full facts that blog author can't say that they were truely "copy-cat" murders.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003

Sorry to tell you but compassion and kindness doesn't come from religion. You either have it in you by default or you don't. There might be instances were people can learn to develop a more compassionate and kind behavior but usually it's because they had it in them but suppressed it for some reason such as due to personal trauma of some kind while growing up.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Craig234

I think you misunderstand murderers, and the eye for an eye lesson.

Yeah I was about to say this too. Eye for an Eye refers to punishments fitting the crime, e.g. not chopping off limbs for shoplifting. It has nothing to do with enacting punishments in the same manner as the crime perpetrated.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

You mean the reason I haven't "decapitated my girlfriend's head" isn't because the overwhelming majority of people are thinking, caring human beings, but because God shed his grace on me? Hallelujah!

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: jonks

You mean the reason I haven't "decapitated my girlfriend's head" isn't because the overwhelming majority of people are thinking, caring human beings, but because God shed his grace on me? Hallelujah!

How come when good things happen to someone, it's by the "grace of God," but when bad things happen, God doesn't get the blame?

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

What?

Or could it be the instinctual need to be able to form a functional society in order to survive?

Or learning from a parental figure?

Nope. It has to be God.