Man Charged For Silicone Injection Death: Pumping Silicone Party..

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
This is not the first time this has happened.

Man Charged For Silicone Injection Death

ATLANTA -- A man accused of injecting industrial-grade silicone into men who were living as women and wanted to look more feminine was charged with murder after one of them died.

In an indictment unsealed Wednesday, Stephen Oneal Thomas, 31, was also charged with practicing medicine without a license.

Thomas, who is living as a woman, had been working Dougherty County for at least a year, holding "pumping parties" where he would inject silicone into cheeks, lips, breasts and buttocks, said prosecutor Ken Hodges.

Industrial-grade silicone is sold in hardware stores as a sealant. It is not sterile and can cause extensive tissue damage when absorbed into the bloodstream.

Andre D. Jeter, 23, of Montgomery, Ala., suffered convulsions and fell into a coma Dec. 10 after attending a pumping party. He died a month later.

Mark Edwards, 23, Freddie Clyde, 22, and Kontavius Parks, 23, were also indicted for allegedly helping Thomas inject silicone in at least five men. The co-defendants are also living as women.

Among men living as women, silicone injections are seen as a cheap and secret way to appear more feminine.

"I do know there are people who sort of make the circuit, pumping people with silicone," said Dallas Denny of Gender Education & Advocacy, a support group for transgendered people.

Most of the material injected "can be bought at Home Depot," and is often mixed with paraffin, oil or even peanut butter, she said. The injections are often given in a hotel room or in the back of a bar, Denny said.

Archived Anandtech thread from about 1 year ago on a similar incident

'Pumping Party' Trial: 'Bizarre, Flamboyant, Unusual" (from last year)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
people are stupid. incredibly stupid. they weren't even pretending to be doctors. on the other hand, if they knew what they were doing... isn't it just like really bad smoking? self harm?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
WTF is the point?

You mean.. these people were duped into thinking it was a doctor doing it or something?

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
people are stupid. incredibly stupid. they weren't even pretending to be doctors. on the other hand, if they knew what they were doing... isn't it just like really bad smoking? self harm?

That hasn't stopped smokers from sueing others for their own stupidity.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Getting DAP tub and tile sealer injections is probably the least of these people's worries. I've never seen a transgendered or transvestite who wasn't royally f-cked every which way but loose in the psychiatric department, in a manner of speaking.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Wow. That's sad. I can't say these people don't deserve what they are getting (the stuff that keeps your shower pipes from leaking should not be IN YOU), but damn...

BladeWalker

Aug 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Kenazo
YUUUUUCCCKK!

Caulk suckers.... ha ha.

LOL! Aren't you the punmaster.

Anyways, that article is very sickening. Everyday I'm surprised by new ways of how f**k-uped people are.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I nominate for the Darwin Award.

How stupid do you have to be to inject something in yourself that comes from Home Depot.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
"Peanut Butter"? WTF? Who would knowingly inject peanut butter into themselves? I mean, silicone kind of makes sense to the uneducated...Cletus in Home Depot: "Here Charlene, here's that silicone dat you done wanted for the breast implants, only dis one's much cheaper..."

But fvcking peanut butter?

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
Something like that also happened in atlanta about 10 years ago - same scenario - the guy was using automotive windshield sealer IIRC.