Man beaten multiple times by PA state cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
This is a few years old, but searched for his name and didn't really see a thread on it.

Link

Got arrested and beaten multiple times, basically got railroaded by the cops and the DA, and locked up for 4 years. They also "lost" his parole info, probably to try to keep him locked up for the 4-year statute of limitations to run out so he couldn't file a lawsuit for abuse. Looks like the court case is finally about to get going.

Police abused and beat him up multiple times, including while in the hospital. Police lied multiple times about what happened, yet were not punished.

They even threatened him with murder, saying they would say they would make it like suicide. You can hear the cops beat the man on the video while he was handcuffed. They accused him of spitting on an officer, but later admitted he didn't. When he asked for help in the hospital, the police beat him again.

They also charged him with assault for breaking a cops fist with his face. And the DA went right along with it.

Now, our resident police apologist says this doesn't happen, only a few bad apples, etc, etc. So how does 10? 20? cops all go along with such egregious abuse? None of the "good apples" stopped it?How does the DA go along with it and not even look into police brutality?

And of course, as claimed by our apologist, cops don't lie because it is a serious issue and they can get in a lot of trouble. Well, look at all the lies committed, and explain how they all got away with it. The "investigation" was by a cop in the same barracks, and of course found no wrongdoing.

4 years later, no one was punished...go figure, right? So just a few bad apples I guess, nothing to see here. It's fundamental breakdown of accountability of the police system as s whole, that as a group, they feel no need to follow the law since they are effectively above it.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
My guess is that the percentage of cops who are truly bad people and not fit to have the uniform are significantly above what people want to believe, but a large portion of those "decent" cops seem to have no qualms about protecting the shitty ones.

Look at all the bad cops captured on video and how they happen to be lucky enough to be around cops who protect them and don't report their behavior. There is no way they are just that lucky; on the contrary I'd say at least half the cops on any given force are totally okay with protecting another who has broken the law in a significant way.

"brotherhood" of police and all that bullshit, as if it's something we should applaud.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
My guess is that the percentage of cops who are truly bad people and not fit to have the uniform are significantly above what people want to believe, but a large portion of those "decent" cops seem to have no qualms about protecting the shitty ones.
anytime a "good" cop looks the other way when anther cop is doing something wrong, then that good cop is also a bad cop......YES-- total guilt by association! Unless as a good cop you stand up to the bad cops...

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Good thing PA voters cleaned the governor mansion out this time around.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
he can still do that while locked up.

you've obviously never been to jail...

while incarcerated the facility uses it's OWN justice system...

you can be charged of a crime in jail, and sentenced while in jail (usually to segregation) (also because of this, it's very hard to catch another real world charge while in jail) (you could assault someone with a deadly weapon while incarcerated and not catch an actual charge, just a charge inside the facility)

it's VERY hard hard to make any kind of contact with outside attorneys (DA/JUDGE/COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY)

you basically only have snail mail to work with, or if your lucky, someone on the outside willing to forward your letters to them to the appropriate attorney.

to file a complaint against the facility? good luck lol..when i've been locked up, the best route i heard to file a complaint was to write a "letter to the editor," of your local newspaper......sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.