Malwarebytes Antimalware 2.21 Released

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The one thing that I don't like about them is how long it takes the auto update function to pick up on a new release. I got this one the day it was released because someone else in the forum posted it, otherwise I'd have waited like the rest for it to show up on the auto update.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Agreed. not sure why either. Mine didn't show up as an auto update, just happened to download on a new pc so I noticed it.

The one thing that I don't like about them is how long it takes the auto update function to pick up on a new release. I got this one the day it was released because someone else in the forum posted it, otherwise I'd have waited like the rest for it to show up on the auto update.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I've read they stagger their updates. I think it's an effort to save bandwidth and find bugs before the build is released to the masses.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I heard the same but they must stagger it for a long time because one time I waited a long time and still didn't get the update prompt.

I've read they stagger their updates. I think it's an effort to save bandwidth and find bugs before the build is released to the masses.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I heard the same but they must stagger it for a long time because one time I waited a long time and still didn't get the update prompt.
A week probably isn't unheard of. I found this by searching their forums for the word stagger. https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/166265-malwarebytes-anti-malware-214-released/#comment-948845

Fwiw I just updated my definitions in the free version and it installed the newest mbam for me just now. I don't check for updates daily though since I use it on demand.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Got the auto update yesterday afternoon.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Thanks balloonshark. It appears they are posting the auto updates quicker these days.