Malvo guilty of capital murder - Sentence to Life

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Link

Teen faces 2nd hearing on death penalty.

I felt that the evidence against him for the death penalty was much stronger than that against Muhammad

Update:
Life :disgust:

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Link

I felt that the evidence against him for the death penalty was much stronger than that against Muhammad

Let the kid go! he didnt do nothin!

:confused:

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: kage69
I'm still hoping he meets the business end of a blunt shiv.

Unlikely..he is in protective custody under 24 hour watch from what I understand.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Protective custody only until sentenced.

After that, he will either be kept on solitary and or put 6 feet under.
I do not think that he will be able to serve out any sentence if turned loose in the general prison population.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
Sad to say, but in this case death would be merciful, compared to how he'd bee treated in prison GP.

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
I'm betting there is still going to be a push for him to be tried in the other two states with the death penalty. So really, he still has to beat the death penalty in Alabama and Maryland, although it seems Maryland has a moratorium for now. Either way, I'd be surprised if the victim?s family members let this go while there is still a possibility of securing the death penalty through the prosecution of the other murders Malvo was presumably a part of.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DBL
I'm betting there is still going to be a push for him to be tried in the other two states with the death penalty. So really, he still has to beat the death penalty in Alabama and Maryland, although it seems Maryland has a moratorium for now. Either way, I'd be surprised if the victim?s family members let this go while there is still a possibility of securing the death penalty through the prosecution of the other murders Malvo was presumably a part of.

Evidence tying him to Alabama is slim.

The MD killings should be enough. Also, the prosecuters can now concentrate on how to negate the sympathy factor. The evidence will still convict him.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: tec699
Link

Let the kid go! he didnt do nothin!

:confused:

Your're joking right ? This guy needs the death penalty. He killed without remorse.

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001

The MD killings should be enough. Also, the prosecuters can now concentrate on how to negate the sympathy factor. The evidence will still convict him.

I not sure the evidence is slim. I believe they documented everything they did. In addition, there is ballistics, a stolen laptop and an eyewitness who was shot but survived.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001

I'm not sure what the legal situation in AL is, but he would be unlikely to get the death penalty in MD. That's one reason these cases went to VA first.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

I not sure the evidence is slim. I believe they documented everything they did. In addition, there is ballistics, a stolen laptop and an eyewitness who was shot but survived.

My intention was that is would be slim for a death sentence in Alabama. Conviction yes.
Ballistics ties the victim to the rifle. Question would be who fired the rifle in that incident. This is what the defense could now attack with Mohammed convicted and on death row.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Life is prison is a far harsher sentence for him than the death penalty. He's barely 18 and looking at 60 years in the slammer. The first 10-20 years will likely be spent in solitary confinement to preserve his life. I don't know about you but spending 23 hours a day locked in the same cell with no human interaction for 20 years and having the only thing to look forward to being 18 hours a day in a cell with interaction with other criminals for the rest of your life is far worse than the death penalty.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: rahvin
Life is prison is a far harsher sentence for him than the death penalty. He's barely 18 and looking at 60 years in the slammer. The first 10-20 years will likely be spent in solitary confinement to preserve his life. I don't know about you but spending 23 hours a day locked in the same cell with no human interaction for 20 years and having the only thing to look forward to being 18 hours a day in a cell with interaction with other criminals for the rest of your life is far worse than the death penalty.

I've always thought death was getting of easy for anyone. Only reason I'm opposed is it's something which can't be reversed if a mistake was made...granted in this case seems clear-cut. Nevertheless being gang analy rapped the rest of ones life seems to be a far harsher sentance.