Malawarebytes Anti-Malware latest V2 fixed

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Ah, I actually think I ran into this recently, ended up having to use TDSSKiller. Will try on next repair, thanks.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure, but it probably would have notified me of the update the next time I opened the program.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Thanks for the link and alert. I downloaded and updated Malwarebytes Premium and installed it and Win 7, 8.1, and . . .XP Pro! An easy update. No problems observed.

manko

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
Thanks, I had trouble a few weeks ago and had to switch to the beta to stop it from crashing all the time. I hope this update is stable. Never had any issues before v2.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Thanks. Does anyone know if it will prompt you to update the version from within the program itself or do you have to manually download/install to upgrade?

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Thanks. Does anyone know if it will prompt you to update the version from within the program itself or do you have to manually download/install to upgrade?

Mine has never prompted me even once to update the program since I installed v2 - the only thing it does is check for database updates.

EDIT: It finally alerted the update for the first time after a restart. Apparently, at restart is the only time it checks for new versions.

Last edited:

ringtail

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2012
Is there any point in running Malawarebytes IN CASE you already have a good antivirus program like NOD or Kaspersky or Trend Micro?

As you already know, having more than one antivirus program doesn't work very well. I want anny "extra" protection

Malawarebytes might give, but I already have Kaspersky Internet Security which reacts to parallel installations of other antivirus installations lie
Malawarebytes.

corkyg

Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
You are not a candidate for MBAM. Enjoy Kaspersky.

HOSED

Dec 30, 2013
I have always thought of MBAM as a supplement to an AV program. As long as it is not running in the background I have not had any obvious issues. I do run it (full scan)once in a while but I make sure my AV (which was MSE till recently) was turned off.
Is my thinking faulty here?
Note I am running Panda Cloud 3.0 now as my primary AV.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
MBAM isn't an antivirus program........

And yet somehow it is far, far superior to antivirus programs.

One computer I recently cleaned up, I set the antivirus software to scan (forget if this one was Norton or MSE) along with MBAM concurrently. Malwarebytes found everything that the antivirus found, plus it found a couple dozen more things that the AV software did not.

I've just been so frustrated with antivirus software. My basic routine for cleaning up a bad system, first step is uninstall whatever AV software is on the machine, run tdsskiller, combofix, malwarebytes, & hijackthis. After all of that I then reinstall the AV software, and it still detects nothing like it detected nothing wrong when I began the cleanup process.

I don't know, just my rant against the ineffectiveness of antivirus software against a massively wide range of crap that every other good cleanup software finds and deletes off.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Have had that one awhile now it looks, thanks for the info though.

Not using the premium one though I guess.

corkyg

Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
So you run MBAM Premium with no other anti-virus installed then? Is that your recommendation? Just curious.:confused:

No, it runs with MSSE very well. Interesting that all the blocks are by MBAM. But, they get along well.