Making a wifi jukebox possible?

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Well my idea was to have a wall mounted jukebox, with a touch screen that somehow is connected wirelessly to a PC. You use the jukebox like you normally would, but it would play the songs off my PC.

I know its seems a bit over the top but I think it would be an awesome conversation piece when I have people over......plus is anything ever over the top?

If anyone has seen a setup like this somewhere on the net lead me in the right direction.......b/c creating this from scratch is outside of my knowledge base.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Get a small PC like a Shuttle X100 ? (see us.shuttle.com) <-- assumes Win MCE can use touch screens

Or get a tablet PC?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Somebody here did just that a while ago and posted his results, it was really a fantastic job. I'll try to find the thread, but you know how bad the search sucks here...

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: loup garou
Somebody here did just that a while ago and posted his results, it was really a fantastic job. I'll try to find the thread, but you know how bad the search sucks here...

someone told me there was one on here.....but couldnt find it.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Yeah, I searched every iteration of mp3, touchscreen, wall, wall-mount in both archived and current threads, and even searched my posts as I know I commented on his work and can't find it. Stupid crappy search. :|