Majority of Americans favor Birth Control Mandates for Welfare Recipients

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: Merovingian
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Your system of handouts simply does not work on a long term genetic scale. You fail to offer solutions, I suppose it's easier to be belligerent than logical.

2 entries found for regimentation.
reg·i·ment Audio pronunciation of "regimentation" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rj-mnt)
n.

1. A military unit of ground troops consisting of at least two battalions, usually commanded by a colonel.
2. A large group of people.

Do you know how to use a dictionary?

Go get a job or an education but don't make us pay for your kids.
Can you believe this guy? Is it just me or is Merovingian a complete moron? Anybody else with me on this?

You posted the definition of REGIMENT, the noun you turd. The definition of REGIMENTATION the transitive verb is

tr.v. reg·i·ment·ed, reg·i·ment·ing, reg·i·ments (rj-mnt)
1. To form into a regiment.
2. To put into systematic order; systematize.
3. To subject to uniformity and rigid order.

I was wrong. Apparently you don't know how to use a dictionary, moron.
WOW! You still cannot provide a solution. Asking people to pay their way is some sort of strict social order? Are you serious, get a job!

i think he way refering to the whole "need a permit to give birth" thing.

No, he's just trolling. Needing permit to give birth just seems insane in this day and age but then again so does paying people more money for not having a job and having more kids. Anyone can troll here especially on this subject, it takes courage and intelligence to find solutions.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: southpawuni
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
The Libertarian in me won't let me get behind the idea of state-controlled reproductive rights.

The libertarian in you wont provide state funded birth control.. but does allow for the state to fund and encourage families to remain on a cyclical cycle..

Do you think the current system of welfare is libertarian-approved? :confused:

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Your system of handouts simply does not work on a long term genetic scale. You fail to offer solutions, I suppose it's easier to be belligerent than logical.

reg·i·ment Audio pronunciation of "regimentation" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rj-mnt)
n.

1. A military unit of ground troops consisting of at least two battalions, usually commanded by a colonel.

Can you believe this guy? Is it just me or is Merovingian a complete moron? Anybody else with me on this?

You posted the definition of REGIMENT, the noun you turd. The definition of REGIMENTATION the transitive verb is

WOW! You still cannot provide a solution. Asking people to pay their way is some sort of strict social order? Are you serious, get a job!

No, he's just trolling. Needing permit to give birth just seems insane in this day and age but then again so does paying people more money for not having a job and having more kids. Anyone can troll here especially on this subject, it takes courage and intelligence to find solutions.

One mans troll is another mans Oracle :D

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005
The Libertarian in me won't let me get behind the idea of state-controlled reproductive rights.

The libertarian in you wont provide state funded birth control.. but does allow for the state to fund and encourage families to remain on a cyclical cycle..

I agree, do libertarian rights allow people to bear children that they cannot take care of? Do they allow the state to pay for the child? Doesn't seem very libertarian to do that, so then what are we left with? Let the child starve?

certainly better than your alternative. For that matter even zendari's idea is better than yours.

I have not commited to a solution, I'm exploring, which solution did you think that I was poised to defend? And which solutions do you think are viable?

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

I agree, do libertarian rights allow people to bear children that they cannot take care of? Do they allow the state to pay for the child? Doesn't seem very libertarian to do that, so then what are we left with? Let the child starve?

Private charities. They can enact whatever restrictions/conditions they want for their aid.

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005
Originally posted by: dahunan

n.

Should oracles not provide solutions? I find it interesting how anyone would back a solutionless idea. It happens, "solve world hunger" now who is with me? You have to think things though more than that to see the problems with declarations made by "oracles".

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005

Private charities. They can enact whatever restrictions/conditions they want for their aid.

Good point, but is the idea that people should starve if not? I'm just curious about you opinion.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: dahunan

n.

Should oricals not provide solutions? I find it interesting how anyone would back a solutionless idea. It happens, "solve world hunger" hehe. You have to think things though more than that to see the problems with declarations made by "oracles".

My reply was a spin on terrorist vs freedom fighter

Many people here who identify themselves as either Republican or Democrat call people trolls who do not speak what their party wants to have heard...

Or when someone says something that they do not want to agree with then they can be considered a troll etc...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think anyone contemplating parenthood shouldhave to post a performance bond. Live up to your partental responsibilities and the kid stays out of trouble you'll have a way to pay for college, you screw up or the kid screws up you lose the bond. Fail to post a bond => garnish wages until bond posted.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

Good point, but is the idea that people should starve if not? I'm just curious about you opinion.
I don't understand you question. Are you trying to set me up to say I want kids to die or that I'd be OK with it? Could you elaborate on your point?

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005
Interesting duhunan. I'm not a dem or a republican, I think of people who troll as people who just come to argue baseless points just to argue but I don't know a formal def. For example,

Originally posted by: zendari
Why not? It happens all the time.
Many companies have started doing away with these sort of benefits that are unfair to single people. For example, in an article I read, paid maternity leave is become a rarity, and rightfully so.

Ideally the married guy with kids would get more deducted from his check than the single guy.

First, most companies don't cover insurance 100%. It's usually split with the employee, and so married people do pay more.

Second, why do single people care that the company pays more for other people's insurance? Are they jealous? Why are you promoting jealousy?

Finally, why shouldn't it be the company's right to choose?

Why are you promoting jealousy in this context is just picking a senseless fight. He likes to argue you should see the guys posting history. If someone feels that the company is disriminating the are clearly not trying to promote jealousy to point out the alleged descrimination. It's just not very community minded, IMO.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Why are people complianing about welfare? It's less than 1% of federal budget and right now has time limits -- I think 2 years max which seems to be enough time for most to get on thier feet. I wish they had to work for it a bit.. but it's really a small expenditure which I think does families and most of all the defenless, e.g. unable to work, children some good.

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005
I don't understand you question. Are you trying to set me up to say I want kids to die or that I'd be OK with it? Could you elaborate on your point?

Sure, I wasn't clear here. If there is no private aid, what happens to the children? (from a libertarian stand point IYO)

I see two possibilities, one is that they starve or two they are supported by federal funds (not very libertarian). I guess I'm asking if there is a third option IYO.

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Zebo
Why are people complianing about welfare? It's less than 5% of federal budget and right now has time limits -- I think 2 years max which seems to be enough time for most to get on thier feet. I wish they had to work for it a bit.. but it's really a small expenditure which I think does families and most of all the defenless, e.g. unable to work, children some good.

I agree Zebo, but do you think that people should be reproducing while on welfare?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Whoops it's 1% not 5%.

And I am catholic..what do you think?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Interesting duhunan. I'm not a dem or a republican, I think of people who troll as people who just come to argue baseless points just to argue but I don't know a formal def. For example,

Many companies have started doing away with these sort of benefits that are unfair to single people. For example, in an article I read, paid maternity leave is become a rarity, and rightfully so.

Ideally the married guy with kids would get more deducted from his check than the single guy.

First, most companies don't cover insurance 100%. It's usually split with the employee, and so married people do pay more.

Second, why do single people care that the company pays more for other people's insurance? Are they jealous? Why are you promoting jealousy?

Why are you promoting jealousy in this context is just picking a senseless fight. He likes to argue you should see the guys posting history. If someone feels that the company is disriminating the are clearly not trying to promote jealousy to point out the alleged descrimination. It's just not very community minded, IMO.

Way to pull something out of context troll. If people read that thread, they'll come to the conclusion (again) that you're a fool.

Merovingian

Mar 30, 2005

Way to pull something out of context troll. If people read that thread, they'll come to the conclusion (again) that you're a fool.
You history on the forum is in context, nobody likes you and you never make a decent contribution. All you know how to do is call people names.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

Sure, I wasn't clear here. If there is no private aid, what happens to the children? (from a libertarian stand point IYO)

I see two possibilities, one is that they starve or two they are supported by federal funds (not very libertarian). I guess I'm asking if there is a third option IYO.

Well first, I certainly don't believe that if we had serious welform reform, or if it was removed entirely, children would start dying left and right. There are *many* non-government-funded programs out there to help people. Why would private aid disappear? :confused:

Even if I have libertarian views, I certainly am no anarchist. I fully recognize the need for governmental infrastructure, subsidies, and social programs. With reform, such as dahunan's suggestion of financial and parental counciling, along with work-incentive programs, welfare can be restored the temporary "bootstrap" process it was intended to be.

We'd still have child-welfare agencies, so if a child is in danger of starving or what-have-you, due to neglect or lack of effort on the parrents' part, he/she can still be taken away as necessary.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You history on the forum is in context, nobody likes you and you never make a decent contribution. All you know how to do is call people names.
:confused: Whatever you say Mr. Popular. :confused:

I'm more than willing to have an intelligent conversation with intelligent people. You don't fit into the category.

Michaelbgrant

Feb 9, 2005

Don't worry about him, BoberFett is always like that you just have to ignore him.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Been there done that. I've seen Bobby Kennedy on film touring the south and appalachia in the mid sixties where starving children were. This is how and why welfare came about. One reason it does'nt work is charities are for the most part localized. Meaning rich cities have rich charities while poor areas have poor or none charity. Another reason it does'nt work is amounts needed far exceed what people are willing to give freely. If we take all social programs which is around 1 trillion dollars, people would have to give 5 times the amount to charity to replace them since giving in USA is ~200billion a year. Nevermind allocation of that is usually to anything but poor folks. But Universities, libraries, science and research foundations, pastors new plane, etc instead. I find it hard to believe poeple who so hate paying taxes are going to voluntarly ante up 5x what they normally give.

Meh get rid of welfare for all I care. When the stories hit news again and children are begging on the streets like in mexico it will come back with a vengance. They pay just enough today to keep the public ignorant to the dispair..out of sight out of mind.

While you're at it get rid of public schools. I hate paying so much property taxes for something I have never used.