Major Headaches!

Dayton

Oct 20, 2009
Okay I've been having a lot of issues trying to get this GTX 460 working and I've decided that it must have something to do with the new nvidia cards. This video card will work in an Intel 975x motherboard but it will not work in a newer Intel dp43bf board I've purchased to replace the 975x. Upon trying to boot the computer reports no video card via beeps. A older 9800 GT works perfectly with the board. I'm at my witts end because the first new board I tried did not work either. ( Biostar T41 HD) So far I've bought two new mobos ram ect and I can't keep buying stuff with no hope of it working. Never had issues like this.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Somtimes graphics cards are incompatible with older motherboards.

Have you tried using your 9800GT and flash your motherboard with the latest bios to see if that will remedy your problem?

Dayton

Oct 20, 2009
The dp43bf was released around the same time as the gtx 460. It's a DDR3 mono and yeah the BIOS has been updated.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
The dp43bf was released around the same time as the gtx 460. It's a DDR3 mono and yeah the BIOS has been updated.

You could try setting PCI-E as primary boot, then install your GTX 460. You could also see if switching from PCI-E 2.0 to 1.1 will do something

Dayton

Oct 20, 2009
Tried to change all of those settings. I really think it has something to do with the new bios that NV cards have. I've never seen a card that has it's own post screen.

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
I didn't see you mention anything about testing the 460 in another board, perhaps it's bad?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I didn't see it mentioned but have you tried pulling the card out, doing a CMOS reset and unplugging the power then trying again?

Dayton

Oct 20, 2009
Maybe try and put the GTX 460 in the 975 board and force an older VGA bios on it? You can find VGA bioses here

I have verified that the BIOS on the card isn't corrupt or different than the one found on that website, but I haven't done anything else. How would I go about changing the bios to a different one? Or would that help at all?