Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalker 2013 out now

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
...Shandalar?

You know, it may not be such a great idea to remind people of that particular incarnation of MtG on the PC, given how much more limited the more modern game is.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
As someone who bought the first two games, I won't be buying the third.
I don't like that they have turned what should be DLC (and patches) into a new iteration of the game that completely obsoletes the old ones.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I played the earlier version of that and didnt like it at all.

The Microprose version is still the best, and they made a Win7 executable for it recently.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
As someone who bought the first two games, I won't be buying the third.
I don't like that they have turned what should be DLC (and patches) into a new iteration of the game that completely obsoletes the old ones.

Isn't that what they did with the card game as well? and I remember spending much more than 9.99 on that game.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Tried it on iPad last night was not to bad. Is the only money sink in the game the 9.99 and you get everything or are there seperate card packs/boosters to buy also?

ixelion

Feb 5, 2005
Played the first game and got fed up with the bugs, they refuse to patch it and support the game, complete waste of money.

MTGO is serious business however, I must have spent close to $200 on my current deck so not exactly an alternative. The causal room is also filled with morons playing stupidest net decks that makes me hate the world, learn to concede immediately when you come across those idiots, otherwise play a discard deck as I do.

While you could spend a lot less ala burn deck or maybe tribal, the really good cards cost an arm and a leg.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I actually prefer real cards cuz you can always sell them later on.
Well, provided your mother doesnt toss them in trash when you leave home. That sucked, I had mostly Alphas and Betas, some revised, and one pack of 4th edition.
Those cards would be worth ungodly money today.