Mafia wants me to launder money...

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
So i got a call from a friend who claims to be the friend of my mom. He in town for a few days and wants me to send remit/money back to his wife(in asia). Since he has my priv digits and knows my mom's name etc...i tentatively said OK.

I later called my mom(in asia) and she said yeah he's a mahjong friend who just wants me to help transfer some money for him since i have status here in the US, have bank accts and ID..etc. Help 'em out, they may be able to help us next time...says mom.

Then he calls later and i find out he wants to give me $10k cash and he wants me to somehow 'get' them transferred to asia. He doesn't care how i do it. Now, i'm no banking genius but i know that when u transfer that much out of the US u need to show ID, fill out declaration forms etc..

Later sister(in asia) calls me and says this dude is always, ALWAYS travelling to countries like US, UK, EUROPE and bringing back $10-50K and then living like a king for a couple months before going on another 'money' trip. He also claims to be a businessman but get this, he hardly speaks a word of English...yet he goes to all these countries and then manages to make mucho cash in a month or so. Very curious indeed.

Well, i just called him and turned it down. He was then trying to get me to go to WesternUnion with him...:roll:

Seriously though, i'm no goody2shoes so if he had come outright and spoken to me not like a greenhorn and maybe cut me a deal i might have considered but taking that kinda risks for nothing?...no thanks. Them bills may be marked and once i use them FBI comes knocking on my door. :disgust:

10K is the limit, AFAIK, where transfers higher than that are scrutinized by the feds or something.

Be wary.

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
10K is the limit, AFAIK, where transfers higher than that are scrutinized by the feds or something.

Be wary.

for western union its 5k before u need to show papers...and i remember being on a plane back to asia and they passed around these things to declare if u got more than 10k on you...if ur in legit business, why would u NOT have any means to transfer $ back to asia? Evading taxes?...definitely. Evading coppers?...possibly.

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
There went your chance with the family. Now you will never get in.

LOL!!!...thats what i was thinking..maybe i could get recruited and be an underground member from now!...but alas, its not to be. I could have maybe helped them out time-to-time if they gimme a decent cut. But i ain't risking being ridden by Bubba for nothin'.