mafia game 19 DAY 5

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Highland145 started a vote for me on day 1 and again right after he's released. You're not a penguin, so Highland145.

Now that that's out of the way, there's no point in putting me in there if we're trying to jail all of the bad guys together and win, so I'll go HamburgerBoy

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Just "going down the list" is a bit pointless. You're not going to get anywhere unless you get lucky and all the bad guys happen to be together on said "list". Arguing for continuing down said list for someone who would normally reason the situation out implies that said person is a hitman trying to delay time until his boss gets out of jail.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Well, I'm certainly not a baddie so we're both shooting in the dark either way. Why does the boss need to be out of jail? I think team mafia can still perform a night action regardless, provided that a converted hitman is actually free.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
It was my interpretation of the rules that the godfather does the killing/orders the killing, and if he's in jail, that would explain the lack of deaths.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Well, I guess taking it most literally...

Mafia can do one action per night. Either the godfather for recruit purpose or a hitman for a hit.

I would interpret that to mean that the mafia people can meet up and decide whether they want the godfather or hitman to make an action, and that with a godfather in prison they could only perform hits, and vice versa.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Perhaps a clarification by ALIVE is in order.

As for me, give me one more day and I can prove I'm a good guy.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Just "going down the list" is a bit pointless. You're not going to get anywhere unless you get lucky and all the bad guys happen to be together on said "list". Arguing for continuing down said list for someone who would normally reason the situation out implies that said person is a hitman trying to delay time until his boss gets out of jail.

Chiropteran

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Feel free to send me to jail, I was even voting for myself a few days earlier. However, I find it a lot more suspicious that jujufish is so opposed to going. His protest seems to point at him actually being a bad guy.

As far as my acceptance of this strategy, shrug. It's working. We haven't had anyone else killed- either drum is the hitman (or godfather in jujufish's theory) or it's some very elaborate ruse, but either way if the town can survive longer it just increases the chance of the cop finding the weak citizen and/or the mafia trying to recruit or kill the cop and kill himself. We've had 3 nights now with no deaths and jujufish seems to think we need to change our strategy? Whos side is he on?

Maybe his theory is a version of the truth, but jujufish is actually the hitman. Then he would know drum's allegiance, and know that if he was sent to jail team evil loses (unless they found the weak citizen or other hitman, which seems unlikely since no deaths have been occurring).

The facts are all clear in alive's first 3 posts. What good role is actually hurt by being sent to jail? None. Jujufish is trying way too hard to not get sent to jail to be a good guy.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Also, I find it very interesting that jujufish seemed to be perfectly happy with going down the list until his name came up. Suddenly NOW he decides to announce it's a bad strategy, just because it's his turn in the cell. Take what you will from that.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
The facts are all clear in alive's first 3 posts. What good role is actually hurt by being sent to jail? None. Jujufish is trying way too hard to not get sent to jail to be a good guy.
You do know the point of the game, right? Good guys can't win unless the bad guys are all in jail, or, in the event of the jailer's death, dead. So you're fine with putting a good guy in jail. There is something very wrong with that way of thinking.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Did you prove your innocence anywhere? What Chiro means is simply that the worst case of getting the wrong guy isn't so bad. Maybe the odds aren't the greatest of getting all three in simultaneously through sorting isn't the greatest, but until people start dying it's all we have.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I can prove my innocence, I just need to survive the night out of jail.

But, conveniently drum will be getting out tomorrow. You just need to make it one more night so your boss can get out, and then you take your turn in the jail. You seem pretty desperate about not getting sent tonight, because then you would both be in jail at the same time, possibly ending the game as a win for the good guys.

Am I missing something, does nobody else see this?

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
But, conveniently drum will be getting out tomorrow. You just need to make it one more night so your boss can get out, and then you take your turn in the jail. You seem pretty desperate about not getting sent tonight, because then you would both be in jail at the same time, possibly ending the game as a win for the good guys.

Am I missing something, does nobody else see this?
And you, all of a sudden, now that you have some votes, seem to be desperate not to go in. Do you not remember that it was I who started the vote against drum? Since we all seem to agree that drum is a bad guy, of course I want to stick another bad guy in there and win the game before he gets out. That's what you do.

You had no problem going in there willingly before, but I suspect that was like T_Y's self vote back a while, where he was a bad guy and faked everyone out.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Alive has been MIA last 4 days. I wonder if this game will ever go on. Anyway, how do ties work? If we both get sent to jail on a tie then I have no problem with sharing a cell with jujufish. If he is a good guy he shouldn't have a problem with it either, but my guess is he will push to have only me sent to jail.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
If ties worked that way, I'd advocate creating a tie between everyone but Dixy.

Last edited:

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
From the rules:
"In case of tie both people will go to jail."

Now, how to convince everyone to vote for themselves... Hmm.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
MonKENy because why not I guess. I stopped following the game a while back. Im just curious to see how it turns out now.