MadVR and MPC-HC

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I've always used the built in filters in MPC-HC, but having beefed up the graphics card recently (280x), I was wanting to try MadVR.

It installs, but the colors go nuts. See:
Link

Left window is MPC-HC with MadVR. Right is VLC.

Basically, the problem is that the RGB is being reversed to BGR. There's no setting to fix this, and there is no adjustment to hue in MadVR control panel (but hue wouldn't do this anyway, nor can it fix it).

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
I ditched MPC-HC in Favor of MPC-BE, after it had its own LAV fuilets built in. I want to use my own versions that I've tested.

Give it a shot, it has a better interface even and no built in crap. Just remember to disable all the built in filters and install LAV + MadVR

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
CCCP + MadVR should work out of the box. RGB output (from LAV) shouldn't be the default unless the file is RGB (basically everything you would watch aren't).

Last edited:

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
I would post the problem on madVR thread on doom9 the creator seems to be pretty active on reading posts

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had intended to post on doom9,but I didn't have an account there, and they have a week long cooling off period before a new user can reply or post.

I tried reinstalling and updating. No change.

In the end, I uninstalled everything video related, deleted every file, settings file, registry entry and CODEC I could find. Reinstalled, and it now works.