Madonna Endorses Clark

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Dean clearly has no chance to win the nomination now

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Material Girl has stepped onto the political stage and endorsed Democratic presidential hopeful Wesley Clark.

"I think he has a good handle on foreign policy, I think he's good with people, and I think he has a heart and a consciousness," pop singer Madonna said. "He's interested in spirituality -- I mean, those things mean a lot to me."

The singer and children's book author met Clark a few weeks ago for over an hour. In an interview recorded last week with CNN's Denise Quan, Madonna said they discussed his becoming president.

The singer told Quan she had decided to support the former general and she felt Clark was a natural-born leader.

"As it stands right now, he's got my support," Madonna said.

The two were introduced by "Bowling for Columbine" filmmaker Michael Moore, who was an early supporter of Clark.

Madonna said she saw a few television interviews with Clark and wanted to meet with him herself.

"I think to be the general for as long as he's been, this is a man who knows how to deal with pressure and make decisions under pressure," Madonna said.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Geez, if people actually care what Hollywood celeb endorses who and vote accordingly, then I would care and be afraid, very afraid. Ah well...I sort of expected this from Madonna anyway. No big suprise here.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Yeah, but who does Britney endorse?
rolleye.gif

I boo & hiss in the direction of CNN for wasting print for this 'story'.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
well know he has my vote. Madonna says he will make the best presidenet so why not vote for him.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
Geez, if people actually care what Hollywood celeb endorses who and vote accordingly, then I would care and be afraid, very afraid. Ah well...I sort of expected this from Madonna anyway. No big suprise here.

You make a good point. If Clark wins the nomination, Bush and Rove already have the gay attack angle ready to go, just like what they did to John McCain, the war hero and POW, in South Carolina during 2000 and to Ann Richards during the 1994 Texas Gubernatorial Race (started a whisper campaign in rural Texas that she was a closeted lesbian).

Here's to winning races based on ignorant hate... :beer:

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

You make a good point. If Clark wins the nomination, Bush and Rove already have the gay attack angle ready to go, just like what they did to John McCain, the war hero and POW, in South Carolina during 2000 and to Ann Richards during the 1994 Texas Gubernatorial Race (started a whisper campaign in rural Texas that she was a closeted lesbian).

Welcome to America.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I found this quite amusing considering a certain someone is basically banking his candidacy on such a tactic.;)

But anyway - WTG Clark...I guess?:confused:

CkG

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

I found this quite amusing considering a certain someone is basically banking his candidacy on such a tactic.;)

CkG

*sigh* Yet another complete and total deconstruction is asked for...

So you're claiming that Bush hatred is based on ignorance? Odd. If one was completely ignorant to Bush and his administration's policies and actions, you'd like them. Madonna's friend Britney Spears, who said in an interview with CNN's lovable conservative Tucker Carlson, that "we all should just trust the President and support him on whatever he decides". And of course, she's the most well read and politically savvy pop star on the planet.

Bush hatred based on ignorance? Among the Dean supporters, which group do you consider to base their hatred on ignorance? The professors at colleges and universities who detest Bush for his radical foreign policy? Their students who find interest in Dean after learning about the Bush administration's assault on civil liberties and the environment? The white, well-educated, Starbucks-going Volvoistas who think that Bush's credit card, borrow and spend fiscal policy is grossly irresponsible and wholly unnecessary?

Or do you claim that Dean's stated strategy of uniting Americans of every color and bringing disenchanted voters back into the political process with a unifying platform of jobs, education, and healthcare is somehow cloaked to really appeal to ignorant hatred for Bush?

So please explain your attack on Dean more clearly (or are you just making an altruistic PSA on who Dean really is again)?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

*sigh* Yet another complete and total deconstruction is asked for...

So you're claiming that Bush hatred is based on ignorance? Odd. If one was completely ignorant to Bush and his administration's policies and actions, you'd like them. Madonna's friend Britney Spears, who said in an interview with CNN's lovable conservative Tucker Carlson, that "we all should just trust the President and support him on whatever he decides". And of course, she's the most well read and politically savvy pop star on the planet.

Bush hatred based on ignorance? Among the Dean supporters, which group do you consider to base their hatred on ignorance? The professors at colleges and universities who detest Bush for his radical foreign policy? Their students who find interest in Dean after learning about the Bush administration's assault on civil liberties and the environment? The white, well-educated, Starbucks-going Volvoistas who think that Bush's credit card, borrow and spend fiscal policy is grossly irresponsible and wholly unnecessary?

Or do you claim that Dean's stated strategy of uniting Americans of every color and bringing disenchanted voters back into the political process with a unifying platform of jobs, education, and healthcare is somehow cloaked to really appeal to ignorant hatred for Bush?

So please explain your attack on Dean more clearly (or are you just making an altruistic PSA on who Dean really is again)?

This thread is about Clark if you haven't noticed. I understand your need to go hog nuts defending dean but let it go already. You made a claim that Bush did something in your opinion - I obviously have a differing view of things and posted such. Dean inspires alot of emotion - IMO alot of that emotion is hatred - and I'm certainly not the only one who sees that;)

CkG

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
Dean clearly has no chance to win the nomination now

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Material Girl has stepped onto the political stage and endorsed Democratic presidential hopeful Wesley Clark.

"I think he has a good handle on foreign policy, I think he's good with people, and I think he has a heart and a consciousness," pop singer Madonna said. "He's interested in spirituality -- I mean, those things mean a lot to me."

The singer and children's book author met Clark a few weeks ago for over an hour. In an interview recorded last week with CNN's Denise Quan, Madonna said they discussed his becoming president.

The singer told Quan she had decided to support the former general and she felt Clark was a natural-born leader.

"As it stands right now, he's got my support," Madonna said.

The two were introduced by "Bowling for Columbine" filmmaker Michael Moore, who was an early supporter of Clark.

Madonna said she saw a few television interviews with Clark and wanted to meet with him herself.

"I think to be the general for as long as he's been, this is a man who knows how to deal with pressure and make decisions under pressure," Madonna said.

Yup, say this on CNN...all I could think was...who gives a sh!t?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

arnold...

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
He'll go a long way with an endorcement from ole mattres back...