Madden Curse...

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I read they initially wanted LT on the cover, but he declined... maybe the Madden curse is powerful enough to affect those they simply asked!

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Shaun Alexander didn't get hurt until his 3rd game last year, Culpepper got hurt in his 11th game when he was on the cover,

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
You're saying the curse is broken after week 2? Have some patience. He's going down.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Watched Vince go down in yesterdays game, and was like "THERE IT IS THE MADDEN CURSE" everyone looked puzzled. Then he popped up and ran the next play.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I agree, LT should be under the gun here because he's the guy they wanted first. So far, his season really isn't going so well.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The advantage Young has over the other cover bearers is that he's a young guy (again no pun intended).

The other guys to grace the covers have generally been older and at the peak of the careers and in midst of their breakout years, so there really isn't anywhere to go but down. The "curse" didn't affect Eddie George until the season AFTER he was on the cover, and he did finely the season he was on it--but slowed down after his peak. Shaun Alexander ran for 370 times when he broke the TD record, so it was inevitable that he was going to slow down the following year.

So with Vince not necessarily having an amazing, break-out year, and is just beginning his career, he still has much room to grow and improve. A smart move by the Madden people really to finally break the curse.

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Syringer
LT's bad start is due to the unfailed, always reliable, Norv Turner curse.

Or SD had to play CHI @ home, then fly across the country to play NE, and now fly back to GB to play the Packers. 3 of the 1st 5 games are away for SD.

Rivers doesn't trust his young WRs.. yet, so once the timing is there, LT will start to roll.. I hope.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: fallenangel99
Originally posted by: Syringer
LT's bad start is due to the unfailed, always reliable, Norv Turner curse.

Or SD had to play CHI @ home, then fly across the country to play NE, and now fly back to GB to play the Packers. 3 of the 1st 5 games are away for SD.

Rivers doesn't trust his young WRs.. yet, so once the timing is there, LT will start to roll.. I hope.

how does Rivers not trust his WRs? How much has the group changed since last year?

I'm really surprised he couldn't muser more yards against the Patriots.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: BCYL
Vince Young seems to be doing alright so far this year...

uuuuuuuaaaarrrrrhhhhh well now ya see here is, what's, ah what's goin' on here you'll see is ahhh that the curse is ahhh well that's ahhh that's ...that's ...that's ahhh that's how ahhh and ahhh that's what that's all about.

:confused:

I hate Madden. Someone should super glue his mouth closed.

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: GuideBot

uuuuuuuaaaarrrrrhhhhh well now ya see here is, what's, ah what's goin' on here you'll see is ahhh that the curse is ahhh well that's ahhh that's ...that's ...that's ahhh that's how ahhh and ahhh that's what that's all about.

lol

i see what your saying

but madden is a staple of football!! gonna be a big deal when the big fella goes

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: chin311
Originally posted by: GuideBot

lol

i see what your saying

but madden is a staple of football!! gonna be a big deal when the big fella goes

Who else can state things so... madden-esque.

"well, you see here Denver really has to score more points. The only way to win is to score more points than your opponent. This kid here, Cutler, he really impresses me. i was talking to him earlier about cooking and it reminded me of the time that I drew a penis on the telestrator. I heard he makes a really great Veal Piccata. That reminds of a time I was coaching once and I had this player named Pesci, he really was a great guy."