Macbook and iPad Pro display colors vs Desktop reference monitor or PC laptop

corinthos

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2000
Anyone here own a Macbook or iPad Pro ever compared the display colors with their PC desktop or laptop?

It seems the ocean blues and peoples' flesh tones are deeper/richer on my PC desktop and laptop displays compared to Macbook or iPad Pro. They both use 4K IPS displays with 100% SRGB and nearly 100% Adobe RGB.

I tried different color profiles on the Macbook but none of the profiles it came with would come close to matching the PC/laptop displays which were nearly identical in colors.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
On a Desktop the screen and the angle of view is consistent.

iPad laptop etc. when looking at their screen form different angles the picture parameters are not consistent.

I.e., I would not use iPad, and or Lapop if the pics Quality is realty important.

:cool:

corinthos

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2000
On a Desktop the screen and the angle of view is consistent.

iPad laptop etc. when looking at their screen form different angles the picture parameters are not consistent.

I.e., I would not use iPad, and or Lapop if the pics Quality is realty important.

:cool:
This is true but no matter what angle I try, I cannot match the iPad/MacBook display's color for the blue waters of Fiji with my LG 31" 4K monitor, nor my Alienware 15 R2 4K display (the latter two pretty much match in colors). Even tried changing the color temp of my monitor and still couldn't reproduce.

Not sure what's supposed to be most color accurate. I assume my true 4K 10bit monitor which is 100% SRGB, and 99% Adobe RGB or so may be a good point of reference..

ASK THE COMMUNITY