Question MacBook Air 2019 won't turn on when I open the lid

bhdrsvs

May 5, 2022
Hello friends. I own MacBook Air 2019. I'm using Monterey 12.3.1. My computer throws a series of errors that I don't understand. First of all, when I restart the computer manually or restart the system, I get the following error at startup. (Pop-up in Turkish guys sorry :)

(you shut down the computer due to a problem)

IMG_20220420_231021.jpeg

Sometimes I close the lid even though it is fully charged, and when I open the lid again, the system does not wake up from sleep. But I can open it by long pressing the power button. And the pop-up appears that i posted up. In other words, sometimes the computer may turn itself off when it is in sleep mode, even though it has a charge.

Why do you think these problems occur? Anyone encounter similar issues in Monterey?

I contacted Apple Support, they made the classic clichés and it didn't work. What should I do?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hello friends. I own MacBook Air 2019. I'm using Monterey 12.3.1. My computer throws a series of errors that I don't understand. First of all, when I restart the computer manually or restart the system, I get the following error at startup. (Pop-up in Turkish guys sorry :)

(you shut down the computer due to a problem)

View attachment 61106

Sometimes I close the lid even though it is fully charged, and when I open the lid again, the system does not wake up from sleep. But I can open it by long pressing the power button. And the pop-up appears that i posted up. In other words, sometimes the computer may turn itself off when it is in sleep mode, even though it has a charge.

Why do you think these problems occur? Anyone encounter similar issues in Monterey?

I contacted Apple Support, they made the classic clichés and it didn't work. What should I do?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far? I would start by trying First Aid in Disk Utility, and if that doesn't work (or doesn't turn up errors) try resetting the NVRAM (hold Command-Option-P-R for 20 seconds the moment the computer starts booting)... and if that still doesn't help, reinstall macOS. You can keep existing data if you reinstall, but make sure you have a backup somewhere.

If it's not one of those things, I'd say it's a hardware problem — the power management might be broken, for instance.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
I had this error-upon-restart issue on my 2014 Mac mini running Monterey 12.1 I believe. I couldn't fix it even with a new Monterey install with a restore from Time Machine backup. A clean Monterey install worked fine, but the restore from Time Machine would bring back the same errors again.

Finally I just gave up and did a completely new install, and re-installed all my software, and then transferred my data over manually.

Drastic solution, but at least it worked.

Reactions: igor_kavinski