Mac Mini mini-review

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Lucifer

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2004
I would be too scared to try to overclock the mini. :eek:

I was going to overclock my emac 1GHz to run at 1.33GHz. After seeing how difficult it would be, I didnt even mess with it. There is a chance of death from electrocution from the CRT also.

Originally posted by: Dennis Travis

I have done a LOT of repair to circuit boards in my time, but that overclocking thing for the Mini looks very dangerous unless you have VERY STEADY hands, VERY good Eyes with a Magnifier and a VERY SMALL Tipped iron. I would and will pass on doing it. One slip and your MINI could be history! It's fine the way it is.

Agreed. :)

joe360

Oct 3, 2004
Anyone know if the mini on stock parts would be powerful enough to run Garage Band?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
With GarageBand, I'd get at least 512 MB of RAM anyways, just to be comfortable. But so long as you have the audio-in gear, it's a realistic option!

Dennis Travis

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, it runs Garage band quite well. Played with it for a few hours the evening I came home with it. 512Megs of Ram helps a lot though.

hopejr

Nov 8, 2004
I could run GarageBand 1 fine on my 1GHz iBook G4 with stock RAM. It was only really a problem when running on battery because the processor settings were on automatic.

AU Tiger

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 1999
My 40GB drive is already full from trying to convert some family videos to DVD. With my music, photos, and movie ripping I have less than 2 GB free. I am going to have to format my external hard drive to FAT32 so that I can write to it from the Mac and PC so I can get some of these files off the mac.