M3A2 - 9.2 liter mITX case, 12.25" GPU support

Chime

Mar 19, 2013
Greetings everyone! I wanted to pass along info on a new mITX case that's in the design phase over on [H]ard|Forum. I'm not the designer, though I have thrown down cash on his Indiegogo campaign. I thought some of you would be interested in seeing what it has to offer.

render59.jpg

M3A2 Technical Specifications: (pulled from Indiegogo page)

• 320mm x 320mm x 90mm, 9.2 Liters
  • Motherboard: Mini ITX
  • CPU Cooler: 68mm max. height
  • Graphics: 12.25" graphics cards
  • Power Supply: SFX
  • Storage: 4 x 2.5" mounts or 2 x 2.5" mounts + 1 x 3.5" mounts (depending on your configuration)
  • Optical: 1 x slim optical mount. You may specify: none, slot-load or tray-load
  • Front I/O: You may specify: None, USB3.0 or USB3.0/HD Audio
*These are preliminary specifications that are subject to change.

More info can be found on this thread on [H]ard|Forum.

M3Cases.com

Indiegogo page

Last edited:

firewolfsm

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2005
Is this the smallest case that supports a full length graphics card? It's quite nice, I hope the final price is below $200.

Chime

Mar 19, 2013
Is this the smallest case that supports a full length graphics card? It's quite nice, I hope the final price is below $200.

I can't say definitively that it's the smallest case supporting full GPUs, but it's the smallest that I've seen. Also, one of the few that supports a full GPU parallel to the motherboard, which really helps in getting it into a good HTPC form factor. I've been wanting something that replicates the Xbox/PS3 form factor for a while now, and this case pretty much nails it for me. Cmadki4, the guy developing this, has also been more than willing to take others input on what features/design choices should go into the final design. I'll be sure to post build pictures and benchmarking results when my prototype arrives this spring.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I'd be interested in a minimally larger design that accommodated MATX instead of MITX. MITX is a pain in the ass to deal with due to the tiny selection of parts available, and they're generally marked up way more than they should be since it's a niche market.

When you think about it a similar MATX case would only be a few inches larger on either side, but you get a much wider range of hardware options. He could probably work up a design that can accept either 4 half-height expansion cards, or 1 full-size GPU mounted with a riser.

firewolfsm

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2005
He now has 3 case designs he can produce. I think the mini or even the ultra-mini could produce machines as capable as any reasonable budget anyways. Great designs, the mini is about as flexible as the 11 liter SG-05.

Ultra-mini: 208mm x 208mm x 90mm; 3.9 liters -> 3.6

picoPSU, 2 x 2.5" SSDs, low-profile GPU

Mini: 325mm x 238mm x 90mm; 6.96 liters

1U or TFX PSU (under review), full-sized GPU (9" max length)

Standard: 325mm x 320mm x 90mm; 9.36 liters

SFX PSU, full-length GPU, ODD