Question M.2 SATA SSD Recommendation?

Ian_UK1

Jul 31, 2020
I need to buy a new 500GB M.2 SATA SSD for a 2018 Dell Vostro laptop. My go-to for M.2 SATA used to be Crucial MX500, but it looks like Crucial only makes the 2.5" version of these drives now.

Can anyone recommend a decent M.2 SATA drive I could use?

Ian_UK1

Jul 31, 2020
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it looks many of the drives in the list aren't available in the UK, but it has given me plenty to search for!

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Thanks. I never knew there was a UK PC Part Picker site - looks like I've learnt something useful today!
Not a problem! There's regional options for most sites. I've noticed the UK one more recently from having posted PCP several times lately and seeing it making some more posts around here. Not sure how many regions they have around the cyber globe but, I suspect they have local editions in most common regions.

Ian_UK1

Jul 31, 2020
Looking at that list, I've used the Samsung 860 EVO pure SATA drive plenty of times. That's the closest that I can get to a recommendation based on experience.
We've used 2.5" 860 Evos several times too with good results. Assuming the M.2 SATA performs similarly, I agree it would likely be a good choice.